People Delight Me

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: People Delight Me

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:39 am

This is lovely. I must look up the rest. This is exactly how it is in my office.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:55 am

At work, categories of people with whom One Must Deal:
1) I need to start s*** for no reason. It's not enough for me to just do my job; I need to get into it with people for absolutely no reason and with no hope of productive gain. Basically I treat my actual work life as if I'm an Internet troll. Am I bored or just a natural a-hole, or incapable of expressing my anxieties over the human predicament in any other way besides sniping at the innocent? Who knows, who cares.
2) I am shocked by the behavior of group number one but incapable of actually saying or doing anything to counteract it. I just want to go home and be left alone. Please let's get this over with. I cannot do anything useful for anyone because I am paralyzed into quiet inaction.
3) Eyeroll queen, cynical smirk. (Me, on the inside.)
4) The rare effective person who comes along and insists on positivity, practical decision, and moving forward to something better. These people are so delightful. I can't even express how delightful it is to come across a person like this in the middle of the sludge. This is what I hope I'm trying to be on the outside, even if too cynical on the inside.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:03 pm

Hanging out here waiting for my husband to get off the phone with his great-aunt... one of his best qualities is how nice he is to all our relatives, in particular the older relatives, and even more so the older lady relatives. He is really a son to my parents and it is so nice. Anyway he is very nice to his great-aunt and it's making me all misty.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:17 am

my wife got a call from me at 2:30 AM when I hit a pothole and it bent my rim. she drove about 2 hours and I used her spare to fix my car (hers came with a spare and mine did not but both were Hyundai Elantras so it worked) Then she followed me home. We got home yesterday at 7:00.

She is an angel and she was soooo concerned for me. Not one word of complaint about the time or anything.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:07 am

Aghhhhh potholes are a curse and blight over the land! So bad this year. Your wife is good indeed!

Return to “Nerd Talk”