Caffeine

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Caffeine

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:44 am

I used to try to avoid drinking caffeine because I didn't want to be dependent on it, didn't want to stay up too late because of it, didn't want to get jittery, and so on. I didn't want my tooth enamel harmed either, by some of the common means by which I would get the caffeine.

However, it turns out that caffeine may protect against Parkinson's disease, dementia, and other forms of cognitive decline, and the initial findings are being supported by further research. It also turns out that caffeine, like any stimulant, can make it more likely you will get up and go, which I need as much of as I can get. So I've decided to start incorporating significant caffeine into my daily life. The results are MARVELOUS. That's all I have time to say right now, but the results are very pleasing and I would recommend to anyone that it be tried.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Re: Caffeine

Postby poorpete » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:30 pm

I used to not do caffeine and I also used to be the only one who couldn't stop yawning in office meetings. If anything it's made my job more safe.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:31 pm

I believe the entire Enlightenment and the invention of the modern world, with its concept of human rights and laws of physics was absolutely dependent on a lunchtime switch from alcohol to caffeine.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:59 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:32 pm

I would not function without regular infusions of caffeine. I would sleep probably 10 - 12 hours a day without it.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:05 pm

At what times of day do y'all drink it, and is there an hour past which you stop for fear of disrupting sleep?
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Given that I work nights and flip to a day schedule on my days off, there is no time that I won't knock back a Diet Mountain Dew.

Okay, when I wake up in the middle of the 'night' I won't.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:32 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:46 am

They must have heard my dog and me out there in the frozen tundra, not quite sure whether we Really wanted to pee! What kind of dogs are they? I have a special variety of Toy cattle dog called a Destroyer.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:10 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:18 am

Ah, I love black labs! I thought I was getting a partially black dog - you know, which is why we didn't get a great pyrenees - but instead it's a white dog who has a few black hairs. Visually confusing.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:46 am

After being up for 22 hours and then not getting enough sleep, this Limewire Kickstart may be the most delicious caffeinated beverage I have ever had.

Return to “Nerd Talk”