Media Unfit to Handle It

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Media Unfit to Handle It

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:35 am

The latest installment in a long story. Conor Freidersdorf handles it correctly here: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... ng/511703/
And even he is too generous about estimating what the foundation actually gave.

Every other news outlet Google spits up under this story? Unfit to handle it. Trump lies outright; the lies must be reported as such, period. No shrugs over differing opinions about reality, no vague characterizations, no weak adjectives about complaining. He lied. He lied because he wants us focused on this instead of the legal probe of the foundation, or his terrifying recent statements about China, nukes, et al. Just use the word Lie because that's the accurate word, and move on to Trump's dangerous interference in our foreign policy before inauguration.

Suggested headline for the craven "journalists": Trump Falsely Claims...
Trump Lies about...
Trump Lies that...
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Media Unfit to Handle It

Postby Kyle » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:38 am

Nice article.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:18 am

Since I live in the area, we get the Washington Post every day, and I've been following Fahrentold's articles. Disgusting.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:40 pm

I just saw some story go by saying that the WaPo subscriptions are up something like 60% and I think that guy's reporting, along with a few others, is probably the cause of half of it. We are so desperate for someone who is willing to go dig and dig for facts and actually publish them - and maybe that's also a function of having good editors who will publish them, I don't know. I get the sense that NYT reporters come in a wide quality range and maybe the good ones don't always get everything in print the way they would have wanted it to be printed. Maybe that's true everywhere, who knows. NYT will have Sopan Deb now, which is awesome.

Return to “Nerd Talk”