Chamber of Secrets (Spoilers)

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Chamber of Secrets (Spoilers)

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:38 pm

So I'm rereading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and something struck me as odd. Sure, I know there's a lot of stuff that's pretty unbelievable about the books. But what occurred to me this time around is: Dumbledore was around when Riddle opened the Chamber the first time, and knew that Moaning Myrtle was killed by the creature from the Chamber. And with all of the stuff going on now, he doesn't even think to go talk to Myrtle and ask her about how she died? You would think he would have talked to her, and even though she didn't know much about what killed her, she knew roughly where it came from, that it had yellow eyes, and that a boy speaking a strange language summoned it. That's an awful lot of information for a great wizard like Dumbledore to help figure out what's going on.

But no, leave it to the young student to figure out what a school full of adult teachers couldn't get.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “Nerd Talk”