[Archipelago] Roughs

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [Archipelago] Roughs

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:45 pm

I was thinking that the radius of the captain's aura would grow as they leveled, so, at least initially, it wouldn't affect many allies, since its not all that likely that everyone would be stacked up on top of each other during a fight on a ship's deck.

I see your point, though. I went with 1d6, rather than the 1d10 from False Life to weaken it some, but I'm sure a lot of these need some adjusting.

Thanks!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:02 am

I like these! If we make the aura work in a similar way to Bard Song, which is what Mike suggested, then you only have a limited number of rounds per day, and that can offset some of the strength of the powers. So if you can only have 3 rounds of 1d6+captain's level hit points, that's not as game breaking as 'as long as you're in the aura.'

Maybe this is a place where a commanding pool would work. You activate Captain's powers by spending points from the pool, and the pool is refreshed via the successes of the crew...
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:52 pm

I like that... I was thinking that the aura, once activated, maybe would last for a number of rounds equal to the captain's level plus their CHA bonus.

It may be due to my playing an arcanist right now, but I like the idea of pools. The arcanist pool refills daily equal to half your arcanist level. That might be a good way to keep the captain with some points available even if you're in the doldrums in terms of tasks for the crew to overcome.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:16 pm

I'm sorry about this not working out guys. My anxiety reached some pretty crippling levels this summer and I had to use my brainspace for other projects. Maybe I'll try again next year.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."

Return to “The Gaming Table”