New Pathfinder?

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Pathfinder?

Postby El Jefe » Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 am

I'll drop my thoughts on the monster blog later today, at some point.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cazmonster » Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 pm

As much as I like Starfinder, I think I've bought my last complex and fiddly roleplaying game. My kids are never going to be the kinds of people who want to deal with all those mechanics. Dungeon World, Tiny Dungeon and generics like Savage Worlds may eventually be their speed.

Paizo is full of smart, creative engineers. I should keep up on what they are doing.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 23, 2018 11:34 am

I hope you will at least enjoy playing Starfinder with others, however! I still want to give it a go sometime if anyone is interested. It gets so difficult with all the other demands of life, but still would be fun even as a brief experiment to see what is possible.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:23 pm

Playtest material is now available for download on Paizo's website.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:26 pm

One of these days, I might actually read it. I'm definitely not running a Playtest game. Starfinder is too damn cool, and I'd much rather more of that. Plus, I'd never get a game to work n the schedule they're looking for with the playtest.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:28 pm

El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Yeah, they did the incorporeal thing way too early there (if that's the one I'm thinking of). I don't actually own the AP (read a friend's copy), so I can only give general suggestions. I remember there being something with weakness to electricity weapons, and there being a few scattered around to be used. If you look on the Starfinder forums for that particular book of the AP, you'll find other threads covering suggestions on how to fix things.

Edit: Darcs (and maybe Mike) mentioned it as well, I think, because they played that fight during one of the GenCon demos of Starfinder the year it came out.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:33 pm

So I tried to read the playtest today. I couldn't even get to the end of the Ancestry (Races) chapter. I have a feeling that I'll just swing back through when PF2 is out. Between color-coding, symbol-coding, and really stilted/mechanical language...this book is an absolute ugly beast to read. I knew going in that a playtest book would be tough. It's worse than I had pictured. (Seriously, I fucking hate using symbols for shit. My brain doesn't parse them well at all, when it comes to rules.)
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:58 pm

Yep, the symbol thing doesn’t work well for me either right now. As I’m reading, I’m constantly having to go back to see what each symbol means, which disrupts my rhythm.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:32 pm

Yeah, I'm 100% out, at least until the actual PF2 drops. That book just makes my brain hurt.

Return to “The Gaming Table”