Wikimovie Game

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Wikimovie Game

Postby Kyle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Okay my movie "is a 1998 American satirical science fiction film" that was "inspired by an episode of The Twilight Zone" and "was nominated for three [Academy] awards but did not win in any category."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:31 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:24 pm

"One day, he [the main character] takes Meryl by surprise by going on an impromptu road trip, but their way is blocked by increasingly implausible emergencies."
Zombie
The Zombdigitty
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zombie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:20 am

Galaxy Quest?
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:24 am

Incorrect. In this movie, the main character "was intended to fall in love with and marry co-student Meryl, but he fell in love with another actress, Sylvia. "
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:16 am

The Truman Show?
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:52 pm

Correct! Your turn, Tahlvin.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:15 pm

The film was the first one directed, written and produced by John Hughes under a multi-picture agreement deal with Universal. Filming began on January 4, 1989 in Chicago. The company decided to keep the production facilities and locations as close as possible. The vacant New Trier High School in Northfield, Illinois was chosen for the production facility. Three of its gyms were converted into sound stages on which several sets were constructed including the two-leveled interior of the [family] House, [role]'s bedroom, a corridor in the elementary school, the boys' restroom, the principal's office, a classroom, and several smaller sets. The school was also equipped to suit the needs of the cast and crew behind-the-scenes, classrooms for the young actors, offices, dressing rooms, wardrobe department, editing facilities, a special effects shop, equipment storage areas, and a projection booth. Production designer John Corso began designing the sets in October 1988 and within seven weeks his construction crew of twelve carpenters and five painters began work on the two levels of the [family] house. A colonial-style house in Evanston was chosen for the exterior of the [family] house. The exteriors and practical locations were shot in Chicago, Cicero, Skokie, Northbrook, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, and Riverwoods.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:29 pm

My Girl
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:32 am

I think it’s a trick question. But I’ll guess it anyways: 16 Candles
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:37 am

Uncle Buck?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:39 am

Wrong on both counts.

A television series was broadcast on CBS in 1990. It starred Kevin Meaney as [role], a slob who drinks and smokes. When Bob and Cindy die in a car accident, he is named as the guardian of Tia, Miles, and Maizy. The show was not received well by TV critics. After it was moved to Friday, in an attempt by CBS to establish a comedy night there, its ratings quickly plummeted and it was canceled.

In June 2016 ABC premiered a second television adaptation with Mike Epps in the title role, James Lesure as his brother and Nia Long as [role]'s sister-in-law. This version features an African-American cast.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:11 am

I think y’all cross posted. I think poorpete guessed it.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Shall I go with it, or wait for official confirmation?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:29 pm

It DOESN'T just happen to me!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Pete was correct!
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:54 am

"It was a lucky shot, I’ll tell you," Spheeris said. "I had been just struggling as a female director in this business for many years. I was 45 years old when I got that job. I just kept hanging in there. And ..... happened, and it sort of flipped my life around."

Roger Ebert said in his review: "I walked into ..... expecting a lot of dumb, vulgar comedy, and I got plenty, but I also found what I didn't expect: a genuinely amusing, sometimes even intelligent, undercurrent."
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Clueless
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Both

Return to “The Gaming Table”