[board game review] Clank

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[board game review] Clank

Postby FlameBlade » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:39 pm

The premise of the game is essentially, wander into dragon's caverns, and acquire as many treasures as you can and escape with your life. Clank comes from the fact that every time you stumble or similar, you make a noise, potentially attracting the attention of dragon! Under certain circumstances, dragon will breathe fire, and burning (with some probability) one that drew too much noise.

On the surface, it seems a bit complex, but it's very much a deck-building game, similar to dominion, except that you're exploring dungeon and trying to abscond with artifact or treasures that may appear, then escape. If you escape entirely, that's extra points. If you managed to get above-ground, but you die, that's some points with whatever you acquired. If you're dead underground, zero points.

Basically, the risk continually rises as you explore more and more. You essentially buy more movement cards or more fighter cards...or some of really goodies (but has a risk of triggering dragon attack!) You basically build up in strength as you move along the dungeon, but it quickly becomes increasingly dangerous -- if you stay too long, you might fail to escape.

It's really a lovely-structured game, and worth an exploring if you get a chance to play this game.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: [board game review] Clank

Postby Kyle » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:14 am

I can’t find my review of it on here- but I love this game so much. The beauty is how intuitive and easy it is to play, after setting up such a complex game board. This is one of my favorite new board games that I’ve tried in the last five years.

Return to “The Gaming Table”