I Killed My Child.

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

I Killed My Child.

Postby Kyle » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:35 am

So I run a Pathfinder campaign for a group of 6 kids between the age of 11 and 13 (known as the Brat Pack). They’re running the Carrion Crown adventure path and loving it. One issue I’m having, though, is that they take stupid risks because they know that I never kill characters. So I decided to change that. The first adventure book in Carrion Crown finds the party in a village where they are trying to earn the towns trust in the midst of violent and creepy haunting. It’s a very classic horror setting.

Last session we ran an interlude session where the group went to sleep and woke up tied up in a field. Each round, 5 zombies came out of holes surrounding them. They did pretty good fighting off a horde of 25 zombies (for being second level) until those all self immolated while shouting dire warnings at them. At this point the group was convinced this was all a dream. That’s when the two hill giant zombies showed up and started taking them out one by one. In doing so, they killed my 12 year old sons Brawler. Everyone else was knocked unconscious. They woke up to find themselves gagged with bags over their heads and being dragged somewhere. That’s when they realized this wasn’t a dream.

But it is a dream. And in the next session they’re going to wake up back in their house like nothing happened. Except the brawler is going to be dead with his hair turned bright white.

I killed my first character ever.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “The Gaming Table”