Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Computer Game

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Computer Game

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:20 am

If you're a fan of Pathfinder and computer RPGs, you might be interested in the new Kickstarter campaign for a game.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Re: Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Computer Game

Postby Stan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:29 am

I'm currently playing Pathfinder Kingmaker. It's alright but not amazing. It's a Baldur's Gate style game where you pick a party from pre-existing NPCs and fight stuff. It's a full implementation of Pathfinder rules, with feats, races, and classes. A given quest is pretty linear other than the details of how you choose to fight the battles.

There's a level where you manage your barony that's fun but I wish it was more open. Other than plunking down buildings in town, it's mainly a matter of choosing the order in which you take on tasks. I'm hoping Wrath's army level is more open.

Bottom line, if you want to fight some Pathfinder battles, put it on your Steam wishlist - it gets down to ~$15. I'm looking forward to Wrath but won't get the kickstarter. Kingmaker was buggy in the beginning and Wrath will be cheaper later.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Re: Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Computer Game

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:40 am

There was some ability in Kingmaker to make your own character rather than picking from the pre-existing list of NPCs. But to do that, you essentially had to "hire" additional help (spend GPs) to get them. I did that and created a mystic theurge, but found it was a bit problematic. It used up a party spot for one of the pre-existing characters whose skills I needed on one of the challenges, and one of the big reasons I wanted to try a mystic theurge character in Pathfinder was for creating magic items, but the game did not allow item creation.

Kingmaker definitely had a bit of a linear flow to it. A bit more linear than Baldur's Gate, but better graphics, and updated to use Pathfinder rules rather than the old 2nd edition AD&D.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “The Gaming Table”