Crowd Sourcing Weirdness

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Crowd Sourcing Weirdness

Postby akiva » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:31 am

This Sunday I'm another session of Over the Edge (an RPG of surrealism and weirdness). I've got a bunch of ideas, but figured I'd ask the peanut gallery here if they have any ideas. To give you an idea of the flavor, here is some of what's going on:

--The PCs are the entourage of a lousy but popular actor. He's been given several million dollars to shoot one scene in a terrible movie
--The sound engineer on the movie is going to be adding sounds that humans can't hear to certain scenes (including the one the famous guy is in). These frequencies prompt agitation and violence.
--This is being done by a nihilist conspiracy that wants to destroy all of humanity 'cause it's so awful
--The movie has been infiltrated by two different cells of the same Illuminati-like conspiracy, unaware of each other. They think that the movie is being hijacked by the Cut Ups, an avant garde rebellious group ("Dada was the the theory; we are the practice").

And I'm using perhaps my favorite RPG plots ever: the Throckmorton Device. Five years from now, as scientist will invent and turn on a device (the Throckmorton Device) that will make people in every country incredibly susceptible to appeals from right wing militarists, who will the take over most countries. The device can't do this from scratch, so it sends impulses into the past to gradually build up to this. So there are signs aplenty that something weird is happening.

So, any suggestions?
Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Re: Crowd Sourcing Weirdness

Postby Ronster » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:50 am

So I gather it is one of the Transformers movies with Shia LeBouef as the actor?

What if the efforts of all the other shadow parties end up cancelling each other out?

You could have one of the factions do a John Carter style review hit-job to subvert the turn-out.

Another group could cause a panic that keeps people away from the movies in general (coronavirus, anyone)

If all else fails, a highly placed agent inside Disney convinces the company to buy the rights to the movie and can.

Sorry if this isn't what you were after.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Re: Crowd Sourcing Weirdness

Postby akiva » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:01 am

Ron--that is good stuff. Given that they're still shooting the movie, drawing in crowds isn't an issue yet, but those are very good ideas about stuff that could happen when the movie is released.
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “The Gaming Table”