[The Jeweled Heart]

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[The Jeweled Heart]

Postby Elle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:23 am

Hello everyone, I have finally gotten my business together enough to move on and post the rest of the story. If anyone needs the link, let me know and I'll PM it to you. I might not be able to do much again until Friday. This has been a fairly wretched week (month), but eventually the tunnel will be cleared.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [The Jeweled Heart]

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:58 am

Sounds good - I'm happy with things as they're going.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:22 pm

Yay, I am glad! If anyone does have complaints about too fast/too slow or whatever, go ahead and pipe up. I'm rusty at this. Last time was 20+ years ago. So far I am REALLY liking the flexibility of being able to use a shared file in Drive to create something and communicate together asynchronously. But if you happen to be online when I am, there's also a chat function Kyle showed me.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:33 pm

I read the whole thing tonight. as my wife will tell you that is a feat in and of its own. It is so well written, I could see everything. it is developing quite nicely
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:12 pm

How often do you guys write on this? I know it is all just starting, and we are waiting on a few others. I would just like to know if my constant stocking is going to pay off :D :D :D Did I mention that I am super excited about this ;)
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

I try to check the document a couple times a day, early in the morning and late in the afternoon. Sometimes more often, depending on my work schedule.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:24 pm

Here's where we are:
E. will have some parting words for the group, but it looks like Mora at least is ready to head out. Our newcomer probably needs some sort of reply to his sudden entrance. I will wait for Caz and Kyle in order to complete that section. Then we'll move into the next bit. I will be needing rolls from people related to knowledge of the natural environment (nature), mountaineering (one all characters here should have), perception, and survival (tracking, specifically, to see if you detect traces of the old path to Beryl's and/or can interpret E/s directions successfully). Sorrow has a bonus on this given his previous experience living in the forest beyond this side of town.

Stan, Pdyx - we will work you in whenever you feel like dropping into the stream. It is assumed that GIrda/Stan is moving along with Mora, up to this point. She has some unique info about where she thinks the rabbits have come from.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:10 pm

Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:15 pm

Basically I need everyone who plans to travel out toward Beryl's home to roll a D20 for each of these things. If your skill level in Knowledge: Nature is a +3, then you would roll 1d20+3 and give me that result.

If you roll me any of the following skills you may have: Knowledge: Nature, Survival (Mountain Terrain), Perception, and Survival (Tracking), then I will know how to determine what happens on the way to Beryl's.

FYI: every PC was automatically given one point in each of these skills:
Climb
Knowledge: Spelunking and Speleology (this game’s version of the Dungeoneering skill)
Knowledge: Local
Knowledge: Nature
Survival (Mountain Terrain)
(And this latter skill is what I meant by "mountaineering" but did not say accurately!)
If you sunk extra points into any of these skills, then your abilities in these areas may be higher.

But I don't want to get too far ahead of Kyle and Caz, since they may have had busy work weeks and need a little weekend time to check out the current situation and post up a reply.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:31 pm

You can totally be in charge of gathering sticks, assuming the other PCs don't intervene first! I will add your sheet to the folder and list. Is there a name or fake name I can refer to you by there besides Master? I generally don't call people by that name. Kind of like I don't call my Mother in Law Mom, ya know? :innocent:
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:35 pm

My name is Alex. I have tried making myself not anonymous on google docs, but there doesn't seem to be a way short of adding myself as an editor. That really isn't my choice to make though. and it seems i would become 'known' if i were able to 'sign-in' but unless you make it mandatory i can't, which i find kinda dumb.

I love using Google Docs though. It is really awesome. being able to have multiple people work on one project at the same time. and you can also chat (which someone has already showed you, but that no one seems to use lol)
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:52 pm

So I have a skill mod of 5 in perception, so when I give you my roll it will be 1d20+5 correct?
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:49 pm

So the CS i am currently using tries to auto calculate things for me, but it is really flawed. I thought some numbers looked wonky and i did it all by hand. My numbers changed big time. I think this is the last time i will be using that site.

I am glad i had Mike and another of my friends walk me through it so i could catch that. I will be doing it by hand from now on lol
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:17 pm

Yes, Stan got me started and basically served as my substitute brain for months, and then I found doing the sheet by hand made more sense. Those who have expertise may grasp what the sheets are auto-filling.

And yes, if you have 5 perception you roll the d20 and then add 5.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:19 pm

Should i put my rolls here or PM them on write them in [OOC]? or just wait?
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:10 am

You can either write them straight into the shared document in brackets (see what Mora has done recently at the bottom) or you can PM me if you want them to be a secret.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:42 pm

how do you pronounce E's name? my wife and I can't agree on it lol
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:15 am

Hey all, I'm finally caught up and starting to edit. It's adorable so far. I've realized that I may not have posted my background other than in PM so it's pasted below.

One question.. Are we actually building a pen or was that just a test? I'm sure there are plenty of good stones for the outer fence.

Girda has always been overshadowed in one way or another. Her older sister is a bit smarter, prettier, and more dynamic. Girda is the "sturdy" one. She has taken to mining well and continues the family business but is still vaguely dissatisfied. Not that there are many options in the village, but Girda has never had a real boyfriend. Her parents always told her that she was a solid dwarf and options would come around eventually. But Girda is perceptive enough to realize that's unlikely. She is always just different and doesn't fit in.

Girda has come to know the local area and the mine extremely well and can feel the magic in it. Unlike her sister, she lacks a deep understanding of magic. But she has a strong enough intuitive feel that, after many hours alone in the dark of the min, parts of the mine and world have come alive for her. She's rarely seen without her pet/friend Rocky the small earth elemental. Occasionally, Fred, Alice, and Ariel also make appearances.

Girda has started to feel stifled but stays to help her parents. She'd hoped than Braghamora's absence would put her in the spotlight but people just talk more about the great things her sister is doing. She hopes to leave in a few years after her sister has had her turn in the open world.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:43 am

Return to “The Gaming Table”