Cheap and Easy Space Games

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cheap and Easy Space Games

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Stan showed me the retro basic rules for that game he's planning to run. I want a space / Star Frontiers version so I can have players be ROM: SPACE KNIGHT. Like the guy down there.

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Re: Cheap and Easy Space Games

Postby Stan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:40 am

I always thought ROM looked cool as a kid but never got it as I had a very limited comics budget.

X-plorers is kinda like OD&D for space. You have ability scores, 4 skills determined by class, and equipment. It's workable but (at least the free core rules I have) doesn't provide a ton of ideas so you have to be ready to make your own fun.

The same people who made Labyrinth Lord have Mutant Future, which is like a combo of Basic D&D and Gamma World. It has nice mutation tables.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:59 pm

There's a free version of Stars Without Number, which is based on old D&D but cleaned up and streamlined. It's quite good if you want a more traditional RPG.
Reel on a repeating loop
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:47 pm

Excellent - cause Space sounds like fun.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

Return to “The Gaming Table”