Questions for the Scribbler

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Questions for the Scribbler

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:18 am

The bulk of tonight's play was taken up with an RP session wherein we used Speak With Dead to question The Scribbler, the spellcaster we killed below Sandpoint.

I've transcribed the questions below for everyone's information.

Additionally, we identified the following items and I've noted their intended dispositions:

Breastplate +1 - sell
Cold Iron Returning Dagger +1 - Anna
Fanged Falchion - destroyed by Dwyn
Headband of Inspired Wisdom +2 - Eldthor (but could potentially be claimed by others if the benefit to them is greater than the benefit to Thor)

It is also worth noting that if the group decides it is a good idea, we can ask 22 additional questions of The Scribbler after 1 week has elapsed, provided that the corpse is still in a condition where it is able to speak. We could use one of the medallions to grant it a Graceful Repose until such a time has elapsed. I don't believe that we have any immediate need to run off to Lake Stormunder.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Re: Questions for the Scribbler

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:19 am

Annamanué: 1. What do you know of Karzoug?
The Scribbler: 1. Karzoug seeks the destruction of Alaznist and the conquest of her lands.

Annamanué: 2. Who is Alaznist?
The Scribbler: 2 .Alaznist is the runelord of wrath.

Annamanué: 3. Where are her lands?
The Scribbler: 3. We are in her lands.

Annamanué: 4. Where are Karzoug's lands?
The Scribbler: Karzoug's lands lie to the east of here.

Annamanué: 5. What are Karzoug's weaknesses?
The Scribbler: 5. Enchantment, illusion, and dominant weapons created in Runeforge.

Annamanué: 6. What are dominant weapons?
The Scribbler: 6. Weapons infused with the powers of enchantment and illusion.

Annamanué: 7. You wrote of the graces of the seven lords in the caverns below. What are the graces of each lord?
The Scribbler: 7. The seven schools of magic.

Annamanué: 8. What are the seven schools of magic?
The Scribbler: 8. Transmutation, conjuration, abjuration, enchantment, illusion, evocation, necromancy.

Annamanué: 9. What do you know of Xin?
The Scribbler: 9. Xin was the first emperor of Thassilon.

Annamanué: 10. How do we enter Runeforge?
The Scribbler: 10. I've written the entry method to Runeforge in Lamashtu's shrine.

Annamanué: 11. Do the runelords each hold a school of magic above others?
The Scribbler: 11. Yes.

Annamanué: 12. What schools of magic does Karzoug hold above the others?
The Scribbler: 12. Transmutation.

Annamanué: 13. Where is Karzoug now?
DMDarcs (GM): 13. I don't know.

Annamanué: 14. Which Runelords managed to preserve themselves before the Earthfall?
DMDarcs (GM): 14. They all tried.

Annamanué: 15. Did any of the Runelords actually live in the Runeforge?
DMDarcs (GM): 15. No.

Annamanué: 16. Where was Karzoug's stronghold?
DMDarcs (GM): 16. Xin-Shalast.

Annamanué17. Where is Xin-Shalast?
DMDarcs (GM): 17. On Mhar Massif.

Annamanué: 18. What do you know of the Sihedron medallions?
DMDarcs (GM): 18. They are given to favored agents of the runelords who are to be used as proxies.

Annamanué: 19. Proxies for what?
DMDarcs (GM): 19. Their will.

Annamanué: 20. Who are the favored agents of Karzoug?
DMDarcs (GM): 20. I was one once.

Annamanué: 21. Do you know anything of the lighthouse in Sandpoint?
DMDarcs (GM): 21. I'm not familiar with Sandpoint.

Annamanué: 22. Do you know how to activate the tower-weapons on the border of Alaznist's and Karzoug's territories
DMDarcs (GM): 22. Yes

Return to “Runelords”