[Prestige Class]The Warden of the Rusty Dragon

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Prestige Class]The Warden of the Rusty Dragon

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:58 am

So all of this is pending Pat's approval, but here is my latest iteration of Illian's Prestige Class.

Warden of the Rusty Dragon

Requirement: The cure has been administered to Illian
BAB: Fighter Progression
Saves: Continue Fighter Progression
HP: 1d10

Level 1 - Two Weapon Fighter; The Song of the Company: Ghostsong's Inspiration +1
Level 2 - Defensive Flurry +3; The Eyes of the Company: The Ranger and the Scout
Level 3 - A Wealth of Experience: Life's Perspective
Level 4 - Twin Blades +3; Each and Every Opportunity: The Rogue's Companion
Level 5 - Shiny Shiny Sharp Sharp!: The Dance of Blades; Ghostsong's Inspiration +2
Level 6 - Defensive Flurry +4; The Luck of the Company (The Healer's Rabbit Foot)
Level 7 - The Hammer and the Blade: Above and Below
Level 8 - Twin Blades +4; The Soul of the Company: A Paladin's Humility
Level 9 - Journey's End; Ghostsong's Inspiration +3

Two Weapon Fighter - Warden of the Rusty Dragon levels count as levels of Two Weapon Fighter for the progression of skills such as Defensive Flurry and Twin Blades.

The Song of the Company: Ghostsong's Inspiration - When the Warden of the Rusty Dragon is within earshot of Dothan, her songs have an additional radius of 10', and all inspirations gain an additional +1 to their bonuses. This bonus increases an additional +1 every 4 levels of WotRD. This increased effect does not apply to Illian. Instead, he gains a +1 AC while within the radius of Dothan's song. This increases an additional +1 every 4 levels of WotRD.

The Eyes of the Company: The Ranger and the Scout - When Eldthor and Illian are in the same room (say within 30') or on patrol together (overland), they gain a +2 circumstance bonus to perception checks. In addition, when outside, they gain a +2 bonus to survival checks to determine routes and avoid travel threats.

A Wealth of Experience - Anyone making a knowledge check when Illian is also present may add his wisdom modifier to the roll. (Currently +3). This is not from his expertise on the subject, but his ability to help others look at things in a slightly different way.

Each and Every Opportunity - When Kai and Illian are flanking the same target, they both gain an additional +1d6 to their sneak attack roll. In addition, Kai gains the benefit of the "Critical Focus" (+4 to confirm threats) Feat while in flanking with Illian.

Shiny Shiny Sharp Sharp! - On confirmed critical hits, Illian does an additional 2d6 Bleed Damage. This is the same as the "Critical Bleed" Feat, and counts as a Critical Effect.

The Luck of the Company: The Healer's Rabbit Foot - All healing spells cast within 30' of Illian roll one additional die, and then discards the lowest die rolled. This applies to Lay on Hands, but not potions or wands. Illian may not be the target of such a healing spell.

The Hammer and the Blade: Above and Below: When Illian and Dwyn are threatening the same target. Dwyn gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls, and a +2 to damage rolls. Illian gains a +1 bonus to AC. This bonus to AC increases to +2 if Illian is also adjacent to Dwyn.

The Soul of the Comapny: The Paladin's Humility - Something involving Hal...

Journey's End - Some Illian thing...

I can tweak all of these as needed.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Re: [Prestige Class]The Warden of the Rusty Dragon

Postby Zen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:05 am

It looks great to me!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:23 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:29 pm

Okay. I'll tweak it down.

How about if I add..."If Illian is adjacent to Dothan, and Dothan is threatened by an enemy," clause?

It should probably be something different. I'll keep thinking about it.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:04 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Creative genius. I love all these!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:51 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:56 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:56 am

Bump!

My new idea for the Hal feat: The Paladin's Example. If Illian and Hal are threatening the same target, Hal may add half of Illian's Warden of the Rusty Dragon levels as Paladin levels when determining bonuses for smiting foes. In addition, while threatening the same target as Hal, Illian's critical effects, and only his critical effects, gain the 'holy' damage type. (So his sneak attack and bleed damage, effectively doing 3d6 holy damage on a critical if flanking with Hal. This does not double.)

This might be too much, as we will often be attacking the same for.

Return to “Runelords”