Calendar (Spring/Summer 2018)

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Calendar (Spring/Summer 2018)

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:45 am

Mike, can you pin this post to the top of the board?

Our upcoming calendar is supposed to be:
March 22
March 29
April 5
April 12
April 26
May 10
May 24
June 7
June 21
July 5
July 26
August 9
August 23
September 6
Last edited by Tahlvin on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Calendar (Spring/Summer 2018)

Postby Zen » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 am

Well... tonight would be that first date on that list...

Edit: DUH! It even says that!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:33 am

I will be late tonight! (But I get a paycheck, so it's a sacrifice I have to make.)
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:32 pm

I'm not going to make it tonight. I've been sick with something since Saturday. Today was the first full day I've worked, and it has completely wiped me out. I really don't think I'll be on. But I'm sure there will be a godsball playtest or something in its place.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:54 pm

:cry: Get better soon, DMDarcs!

So are we having a make-up night next week? Or just skip a week and pick things up in two weeks?
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:59 am

So, planning out my nights for this and next week. Any idea if we will play this week as a makeup, or will we simply jump forward to next week and continue apace from there?

Thanks!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:08 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:43 pm

Suggest we maintain the cycle, skip this week. Darcs has been ill, and he needs the recharge time. There also might be spring concert complications, and the holiday..., etc
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:06 pm

I would like to play this Thursday and April 5. We are going to have to rethink April 19 as that will be during Nationals and I'm not sure if I'll be available in the evening.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:53 pm

I'm fine with both of the next two Thursdays (3/29 and 4/5).

As for 4/19, as of right now, I am scheduled to travel that week, and may actually be on an airplane at that time. I'm okay trying to reschedule or skip that date.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:09 pm

It is all equally bad for me. At some point I may have an evening dinner or two that interfere but hopefully those are on different days. I am in the pit of work life, the absolute pit from which I can't see how I will ever crawl back out. I'm basically going to have to work 12 hour days from here until age 70 to deal with all the work that has already been generated.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:47 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:51 am

Yes there is still hope for you! I can't even express how crap my schedule for the next 3 days is. Meanwhile people in my house are calling me grumpy, though I cannot say as many of them regularly help advance the household cleanliness and organization cause, even though they have a lot of opinions about those things. There are a lot of opinions.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:08 pm

I can't be there tomorrow, but I will be there next week!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:28 pm

Phoebe...Likely crossing lines here, but this is what I think I know:
You are employed at a demanding and likely meaningful job.
You own or are responsible for several minors, and a husband of variable domestic contribution.
You also have pets, which, in my experience, are a total net loss for domestic workload.

Is it possible for you to schedule a workation? That is, a time when you must be away from the house for a minimum of a week, focusing exclusively, except for nightly check ins.
I accidentally had one of these a while ago, which coincided with a huge paperwork project which required my sustained attention. Life blew up at home, but, to be fair, it was blowing up anyway.
The distinct possibility exists, depending on your specific work duties, that you clear a space for yourself that makes your near future liveable.

Ya, the place will be a wreck when you get home.
Ya, the expected validation upon your return will take the place of petty demands and some underground resentment.

However, in my case, it improved the process for attacking this particular project dramatically (There was no shifting gears - home/work/kid/spouse/home/work...) I was on the lookout for similar experiences (when I could work though ten or twelve hours of papers if given some peace)

Those at home didn't really miss me, at least not affectionately, but they did learn to dread that it would happen again, and also began to pick up some of the slack so I'd have less incentive to seek out retreats like that. Might be a long shot, but it was worth it for the few days it cost.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:56 am

I really could and should do that sometime. It's just a matter of getting my mother-in-law to move in and replace me for a couple days. I would have to completely absent myself from all of them to get anything useful done.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:49 am

[Maintaining an online presence if this workation happens to land on a particular Thursday night, of course... We wouldn't want you to give up your recreational activities!)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:16 pm

Did we play tonight and I just totally missed it? #-$$$+$+#&##&##;
Where is the work-cation because this particular evening didn't feel like one.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:31 pm

We did. There was the end of the battle with the metal mage, who we subsequently learned was named Ordikon.

We did some research, healed, rested, and then opened the next door to find a VERY large demon with the face of a boar. Dothan started off by talking to it and we found out that it had been trapped in Runeforge for several millenia, with the purpose of guarding an item of immense power in the next room. Sam tried to dismiss it, which did not work initially. Anna cast a detect magic spell and learned that there was binding magic holding it in place, which she managed to dispel by casting Antimagic Field. Once the field was in place, Sam was able to cast Dismissal again and sent it back to its home plane, which I believe Dothan identified as the Abyss.

There were 10 golden statues in the room, which we discovered (after Hal knocked one over) were corpses covered in gilt. The bodies were piled up for a ceremonial disposal. Kay located the next door, which is not locked, nor trapped.

We will start next Thursday by opening the door and finding out what the demon was guarding.

See you all next week!

Return to “Runelords”