Questions for DMDarcs

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Questions for DMDarcs

Postby Zen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:59 am

In case DMDarcs hasn't noticed in the other thread...

1. What are the two skills for the Headband of Vast Intelligence +4?
2. If I switch to the +4 headband, would it be before or after leveling up?
3. When you level up and are wearing one of these headbands, do you automatically gain a ranks in the skills associated with the headband for the ranks the headband adds to your normal number of skill ranks per level, or are those points usable in any manner?

EDIT: and, I guess one more

4. When you take off the headband do the skill ranks go away? (I presume this is a yes... so I'll need to figure out how many ranks of Knowledge: Arcana I had prior to putting on the headband... It's possible that my spreadsheet will handle that for me, but in case, I am pretty sure I have old PDF files that have the info...)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Questions for DMDarcs

Postby Phoebe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:22 am

You guys and gals... I am overwhelmed with work the last few weeks, and continue to be overwhelmed until mid-March. I'm not sure what feats to take - I updated the first 1.3 pages of Dwyn's sheet but haven't worked out any of those other big deals. The extra BAB and stuff is great for now, so I can keep playing her as-is. However, if anyone has suggestions about feats - including any feat she currently has that isn't very useful - please let me know. I'm not sure whether the right route involves:
1) focus on adding another combat maneuver (was thinking maybe running through or pushing opponents to achieve better flanking isn't a bad idea - or just being able to get past baddies to bigger baddies without waiting to avoid AoOs and such).

2) Or continuing to focus on things that work against spellcasters (a roleplaying motive based on all the difficult encounters where spellcasters are The Problem and definitely an affront to Erastil)?

3) Or continuing to focus on weapons and critical hit damages, either Lucille-specific or polearm-specific.

4) Or not taking both combat feats, and instead using one outside the fighting realm to focus on something else, maybe the idea of luck - again, a roleplaying thing where Dwyn feels like she's skating by luckily with her big HP while other friends are having brushes with death, and she's focused on trying to extend her feelings of luck (i.e. Erastil's favor) to helping other friends too (right now I have this re-roll feat I've almost never used, but there's a feat chain that leads to other people getting a luck redo of some kind).

Return to “Runelords”