[Kay's musings]Waiting for a dragon...

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Kay's musings]Waiting for a dragon...

Postby Zen » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:03 pm

[muttering under her breath, forgetting that she cast the Message spell earlier - so Eldthor, Dothan, Hal, Illian, and Anna all hear this little inner monologue that she thought was an inner monologue... Something that she is realizing is starting to become a habit after having done it a couple of times at the dam... Damn... Do I talk to myself ALL the time?]So... I can't help but feel that I'm flying around here in the wrong place... There's a threat before me... I should concentrate on it... But I can't help but feel that it is a feint of some sort and that the real attack is coming from somewhere else... Dothan would just call me Paranoid, like always... Illian would understand! Eldthor would too... Or at least he would understand that this is how my brain works... He knows me well enough by now... I may have to fly up and have a look around...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Re: [Kay's musings]Waiting for a dragon...

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Eldthor replies: "Um, sweetie, you're doing it again, that thing where you talk to yourself. You might want to switch to using your inside-the-brain voice instead."

"But you are correct. Giants are certainly something for a town like Sandpoint to worry about, don't get me wrong. But the letter did mention a dragon. And the fact that we already have confirmation that the main thrust of the letter was correct, about Sandpoint being targeted, I'm waiting for the other boot to drop. We'll help out as best we can with the giants, but keep our eyes open for anything coming from other directions."
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:18 pm

"sorry, if you hadn't meant to say that aloud. I wouldn't want to intrude. I totally agree. There's no leader here, and if we can squash this quickly, we'll move to the next point, so definitely keep your eyes open. Maybe pop up and shoot once or twice, as long as you don't present much of a target. I'm about to find a proper arrow slit, and call for the guards to handle the rest of this, because we're definitely just pretending to take the bait here. Thanks for keeping your head about you."
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:44 pm

"Keeping my head about me... talking to myself like a crazy woman... Yeah... something like that... "

"Thanks..."
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to “Runelords”