Calendar (September 2019-Present)

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Calendar (September 2019-Present)

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:25 am

Tonight's the night, again! We set out for Xin Shalast!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Might be a little rough on my end tonight. The last two weeks have been slightly stressful. I've been putting out random fires that I had no hand in creating, and trying to help out (and miserably failing) in helping the sickies in the house. So if you haven't leveled up, it's ok to do so once the game starts! There's going to probably be some sort of travel montage, unless you really want me to roll random encounter checks.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:38 pm

bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:42 am

also like to get another triangulation on that abandoned treasure, as insurance for if we run into something specific and impossible and we need a special object to get past it.

also, which runelord is the most powerful
(just because I'm getting weirdly suspicious about this peacock god and where it fits in the pantheon, and I'd love to run down some clues)

also, how would Iomedae consider the peacock god. Ally, or enemy?

I'm sort of out of questions immediately. This feels like the culminating activity here, and I'm feeling Hal is at a plateau as far as effectiveness, which means that he might not be able to soak damage or cancel out baddies sufficiently. Also my schedule makes full participation challenging, and partial participation frustrating for all involved. sorry about that.

I considered moving into Evangelist or planar whatever as a prestige class, but it might be too little too late, and I should have thought of that four levels ago.
Once again some guidance from someone more familiar with game mechanics would be welcome.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:50 am

Tonight! We play tonight, right?
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:24 am

There is a very high percentage chance that I will be unable to play tonight. I am chaperoning a student at our All-State Festival starting tonight. I have NO IDEA what the schedule is, other than that curfew starts at 11 pm. I'm guessing I probably won't get to my hotel room until that point in time, but who knows. (You think they would have sent a teacher going there for the first time....some sort of information.)
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:17 am

Well... we'll congregate and see if things pan out? If not, we can try next week.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:45 am

Guys, guys, you're missing the main thing here. Pat has a student that went to All-State! That's awesome! Congratulations Teacher Pat!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:55 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:58 am

Yeah, Pat!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:35 pm

Hey, I didn't make it back!

I am amazed at the lack of simple organizational things that should happen here. Lack of information sent before hand; inadequate signage; people not giving directions; people not knowing where things are supposed to be. There is supposed to be a continuous shuttle running from my hotel to the convention center 15 minutes away where everything is taking place. My shuttle ran an hour late to get down there this afternoon; it didn't show up this evening, and I'm not sure if it's because I wasn't waiting in the right place (no one seemed to agree on where it was), it was running very late, or that it had stopped running for the night completely. The only reason that I made it back to me hotel at all (11:15 pm mind you), was that another teacher whom I've never met before, had given up on waiting for a shuttle, saw me confused, and offered to split her Uber with me.

I apologize for the lack of game tonight.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:41 am

No problem, and not your fault! You gave us a warning ahead of time that you probably were not going to be able to make it, so it wasn't unexpected. And I feel for you regarding the lack of organization! Good luck!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:50 am

So... are we rescheduling for next week and then the week after that to maintain our "Not on the week of Christmas" schedule, or does December 26th vs January 2nd not matter that much?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:22 am

Open to suggestion.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:30 pm

I’m open to whatever. Tomorrow. Next week. Both. Every Thursday until we finish the adventure. Whatever works for DMDarcs.

If I ever win the Powerball lottery, I want to give all of you full time jobs to play games with me.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:06 pm

Nursing home. It's kind of the plan.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:54 am

So what's the plan? Are we playing tonight? If so, I expect I may be bowing out just a little early. Didn't get much sleep last night, thanks to post-surgery, post-anesthesia drugs that were administered yesterday, so I may be pretty exhausted by our normal ending time.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:30 pm

I have a few vital things to do between now and 10 pm EST that could make me late. Hoping for the best! Lot of action here.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:51 pm

I'm up for playing tonight if we're playing... no fun drugs here though...

Return to “Runelords”