Dwyn is a Bad-Ass

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Dwyn is a Bad-Ass

Postby Eliahad » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:36 am

Okay, we're all bad-asses in our own way. But dayum girl, you really know how to work that hammer!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Re: Dwyn is a Bad-Ass

Postby Eliahad » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:45 am

Other feats of awesome:

Anna and her slow spell! Plus the webbing! Spidergirrrrrl!

Dothan's haste saving Illian's ass.

Carbohal Smiting Stone Giants!!

Kai escaped the bear!

Sam is a Pokemon trainer!

Tahlvin found his dice! (He left them with the giant.) Just kidding! You were totally lighting the giants up last session.

Seriously though, that was so freaking cool! Awesomeness!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:13 am

I really do like the spidery theme we saw from Anna - very "come on into my parlor", or as the case may be, my Garrison! Doubt I would have gotten much access to the dragon without that. Dragon in PokeBall needs to happen and still can, right? Someday. Any interesting bad creature we find, we need to make sure that happens.

Shoulda just taken the AoO instead of trying to ride the beast, but that was a hilarious fail moment (what if I had succeeded? probably would have fallen to my death or been kidnapped, so in a sense I was saved from my own stupidity there).

We did much better than I had expected. I would have been POUNDED without having the new armor, so it was seriously good that we shopped first instead of running pell mell there like Dwyn wanted. Sanity prevails. It's so weird to be up in this aether where every hit and damage, both from us and from our enemies, has such massive plusses attached.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:01 pm

I do feel like I'm beginning to understand how this character wants to be played a little more. I'm feeling like instead of being a battlefield blaster, she's much more of a "help your friends, make the bad guy suck" type of caster, which is WAY more interesting.

The webs were fun. I'm not sure how much more of that we'll be able to do, but I'm REALLY glad I added that to my spellbook.

The slow seemed pretty critical. I dont know what age category this dragon is, but even a claw/claw/bite/tail attack series could put some serious hurting on even our tank-like Dwyn.

Next session CANNOT get here fast enough :D :D
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:00 pm

But against anything other than a fire breather a fireball before we got close would have been very appreciated... as would a lighting bolt, which I will have soon, as well as the one I'm really looking forward to, which I was showing to Eldthor yesterday and accidentally send part of the description to everyone...
-----------------------
Storm Step:
Target you
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex halves; Spell Resistance yes
You are able to harness the power of the storm to transport yourself a short distance, by taking the form of a furious, sizzling bolt of elemental electricity.

You must either have line of sight to your destination or you must specify a direction and distance within range. Creatures and objects in the path of your passage take 1d8 points of electricity damage per 2 caster levels (maximum 5d8). A successful Reflex save halves the damage.

If your path intersects with a solid object, you damage the barrier accordingly. If the damage is enough to break through the barrier, you continue beyond the barrier as long as the spell's range permits; otherwise, your movement stops in the square adjacent to the barrier and the effect ends.
-----------------------

I plan on taking that before I take lightening bolt because, A) it is just totally Kay's style and B) I get lightening bolt for free at 7th level and can't unlearn one for free until 8th, so why waste a spell slot for a level?

Of course, at 7th level I'll also be able to turn into a lightening elemental for 15 minutes per day...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:40 pm

looks like I'm gonna need more pokeballs
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:42 pm

Absolutely you need more Pokeballs. What is that spell even called? It is really fun having spell-casting going like crazy now. Anna slows them down and gets them all sticky in a web like a predatory spider and then the happy sunshine cleric comes along and traps them in a sphere! I really hope that we get to put the dildo wielding Stone Giant into such a Contraption someday. Oh and, can we fit a group of Dothan's monkeys in there with him?
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:47 pm

And with this one thread, this site is certainly no longer family-friendly...
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:36 pm

That was the part I mentally blocked outvlaevnifjg.vastvmgjt LaSR llT nOHghrm .

LAST NIGHT.

BLOCKEDI I OUT. VUTTS NOT POLITR SUGTRSTONSM.

Return to “Runelords”