Smiting Devils... or Smashing Bugs...

Home of DMDarcs's Roll20-based Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Smiting Devils... or Smashing Bugs...

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:35 am

I realize we're not QUITE done with the battle at the Locus, but I feel confident that we will mop up Blue dot in another round. Indeed, I have doubts as to whether I'll get to ask the question: "Do I get flanking bonus and Sneak Attack?" because I just don't see it lasting to my spot in the order...

So let's have a moment of appreciation for our Paladin and the duo of Dothan and Illian!

With the exception of one round of arrows, doing approximately 15% of the damage delivered, Dothan and Illian took down that Blue-Dot Spider by themselves, dealing nearly identical amounts of damage between two attacks from Dothan and Illian "Legolassing" the thing to finish it off.

As for Gamigin... once again Eldthor did some damage with his arrow, as did Dwyn and myself (as well as disrupting whatever his summoning spell, which was probably worth more than the paltry 19 HP I delivered), but between the three of us, we did less than 1/3 of the damage dealt to the Devil in a Blue Carapace. (And, yeah... "Devil in a Blue Dress" was the right song choice!) Over 2/3 of the damage was done by our Holy Warrior, as is fitting when fighting a literal Devil, I suppose...

So, KUDOS to the heroes of the night! Bravo! Good work! Sorry for being relatively ineffective after stopping G-man from bringing in more minions, because that spell is evidently HELLA hard to concentrate on.

Now, once the Red-Dot goes down we'll be able to say the same thing about the damage delivered to IT by Anna, considering she's already delivered more damage to it than either Dothan or Illian did to the other one...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Re: Smiting Devils... or Smashing Bugs...

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:13 am

Yeah, team! It's been awhile since we have all been together and able to team up like that! And yes, Hal, Dothan and Illian were stars!

Although, Illian's suicidal tendencies lately, of wandering off "to scout" or recklessly leaping onto inter-dimensional spiders, does have Eldthor a bit worried. Like, is he suffering from oxygen deprivation at this altitude and that's affecting his behavior? Or what kind of psychological crisis is he experiencing that is driving him to risk his life in this manner? We may need to begin binding him to keep him from sneaking off and trying to commit suicide-by-monster/giant/boss-fight!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “Runelords”