Wordle Type Apps

Phoebe

Wordle Type Apps

Post by Phoebe »

Out of laziness I took to downloading the New York times games app for the free little games each day. This is one of my all-important games to play during the portion of the day I spend sitting around as a taxi service waiting for people. I have two problems, one requiring assistance and the other one that has left me a hollow shell.

The first problem is that I hate the New York times. Their editor recently shamelessly admitted the whole problem with the paper in the last couple years: they only care about what gets clicks and public interest and is at the top of the polls. They don't see themselves as reporting the news or presenting truth or performing a function of a free press in our democracy. Rather, they see their function as printing whatever will get the most eyeballs. It's basically a tabloid for people who consider themselves readers at this point.

So I don't want to have their s***** app on my phone and I need a different app that is good for these little word type games. If anyone has such an app that is free and does not install a bunch of b******* on your phone or take all your financial information etc I would appreciate. There was a time when every kid I knew in a computer science department was developing a free app and you couldn't even keep up with all the free apps. And now I can't find a normal free app to save my life.

Anyway, if I seem cranky It's not only because I'm pissed about world events but it's also that I can't solve today's wordle. I'm already pissed off because some Google statistics indicate that the entire state of Minnesota has an average wordle score of 3.5 something. And I struggle for my 3.5 score so I don't understand how an entire state can have that as its average because I'm not the worst at wordle! I think if you're consistently solving them at 3 and occasionally have some fives and sixes in the mix for those rhyming words, You're going to easily be at a 3.5 average even if you're doing really well. Anyway, I have a word for which I have just one vowel and one consonant in a specific place and I cannot think of a single English word to satisfy that placement. I can think of a couple Italian words that fit the bill but not one English word. And again, I don't think I'm bragging crazy if I say I'm pretty good at this goddamn game even though half the state of Minnesota has me whipped. I hate the New York times and I hate this game but somehow I want an app full of little games like this.
Phoebe

Re: Wordle Type Apps

Post by Phoebe »

Ok I finally solved that wretched thing in four and my mind is eased slightly. I'm too lazy to erase the text so I can't say the word but the truly disturbing thing about it now is that I thought it was an Italian/Latin word and not an English word. Like considered and rejected for not being English. So finally in frustration I entered it and that was the word. I don't know if we would call this dementia or simply a sad state of affairs.