[GB] Reinventing Gods powers.

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [GB] Reinventing Gods powers.

Postby Eliahad » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Oh, that's a good idea!

I wonder if this might be the thing that solves my "large number of player" Free For All viability dilemma that I have created in my head? Have 1 Godball for 2 to 3 players. 2 Godballs for 4 players. And 3 Godballs for 5-6 Players.

Or even 1 GB for 1-4. 2 GB for 5-6. It would be a simple fix, and might make scoring more dynamic...
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FlameBlade » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Oooh.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Or! On turn 8 a second ball gets added, and then on turn 12 a 3rd. By Hades, of course.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:30 pm

"On any other God's turn, you may play this card. Starting with you and going in play order, all Gods will play a God Power as if it were their turn. You, and only you, may then play a second card before resuming the other God's turn."

Too powerful for an Aphrodite Special? I was thinking it could be called "The Trojan War" or something.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:02 am

Thats really interesting... I really like the feel of the Golden Apple. I dont know if the second ball and the Golden Apple together might get too crazy, but I wonder if crazy is what we need :)

I also like the Trojan War idea. Sorry I've been incommunicado for a few days... things have been a little nutty round here.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:37 am

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:34 am

I see what you're saying, it could also be argued that the reaction card is the first one.... Maybe everybody gets to play one and then Aphrodite goes last. The thing is that /everyone/ has the opportunity to drop a powerful card, so it mitigates the 2-ness a little bit. Hmm.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:35 pm

I thought it was a great idea. Heck, it can be done as a regular god powers action, except that Aphrodite gets to use one more god power afterwards.

Just thinking about effects on off-turn vs on-turn. Even just going for one round off-turn is pretty powerful, as it will give everyone a chance to heap scorn on certain hero or god. I can definitely see it as a table-turning card.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:11 pm

I also gave Zeus a "Fight Fair" card... Which prevents God Powers 1 time around the turn oder. Which could /also/ make for some interesting situations. I suppose I could add an /or/ to it that says "Play as a Reaction to cancel The Trojan War."

Return to “Godball”