This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:13 pm

As tempting as that sounds, it is probably for the best. You want to show us your finest hour. There is a video going around where some poor woman sits on a metal post and had to get stitches in the rear. I'm like, if this happened to me, there is no way that would be online, but ours is a different day and age now.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:48 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:53 pm

Ha, yes! but as someone who has recently had a profound occasion to judge between the merits of zero attention and negative attention, zero attention is way way better.
Indeed, the only merit of negative attention might be to remind a person of just how awesome zero was.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:57 pm

Wait...there's POSITIVE attention?!

WHY DOES NO ONE TELL ME THESE THINGS?
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:56 pm

So remember at the start of the year I had a friend crash on my couch for a month that turned out to be a sex pervert and it was found out he was molesting his step daughter for ten years.

Well he's living at home and is awaiting to be formally charged this week and I'm now banging his wife, I mean she's clearly not his type based on his life choices and its a win win for everyone involved.(I mean not him but still)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:37 pm

There's a kind of poetry to your check-ins.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:41 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:46 am

I can't believe .
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:17 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Yes, the actions of the teacher and school officials pissed me off, but the actions of the school resource officer, and why he was involved in the first place in something like this, were ridiculous.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:13 am

Well, I have a new internet provider as of yesterday afternoon and am no longer without TV service. A while back a new high speed, fiber optic broadband provider, I3 Broadband, started serving our town. I'm pretty sure they made some sort of deal with the local city governments to provide low cost broadband, but enough households in a neighborhood need to agree to buy in before they will lay cable in the neighborhood. I signed up back in February and our neighborhood was still quite a ways from the threshold, but a few weeks ago they started laying cable. Then last week I got the email saying that i could call to set up my installation. They were able to get it scheduled in less than a week, which surprised me. (The guy warned me that they were really busy when he went to check the calendar.) So I now have a 150 mbps internet connection, along with phone and basic TV service with DVR, all for less than what I was paying for UVerse for 12 mbps and phone. My wireless router isn't quite up to the task of giving me full access to 150 mbps, but when I ran a speed test last night I was getting in the high 30s for download and 25 for upload, which I think is what the service is rated at.

There have been a couple of hiccups so far, with their box getting alarm lights a couple of times, but I hope they get that cleared up ASAP... (At least before Runelords game time!)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:19 am

Glad that's resolved! Sorry I couldn't be there for the game though. I have to call my daughter's school today and one of the reasons is that they are placing unreasonable demands upon her for gym class attire. If it's good enough for her soccer league, I think it should be good enough for gym class. She has specific things she likes to wear that are comfy and totally appropriate for athletic activity. The whole concept is just so stupid, too, because is it really less revealing or suggestive to wear skin tight ankle length leggings, than it is to wear non skin-tight but still fully-covering soccer shorts that fall on the upper thigh? Ridiculous in every way. Can't even believe I have to have this conversation. I can't even contemplate what I would do if that story happened to my daughter. Well, I know what I would do, I would turn it all over to my husband who would take endless sport in crushing the financial life from everyone involved. But even that is an imperfect strategy and seems inadequately retributive, given the offense-level.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:13 pm

I got tickets to a Paul McCartney concert in June 2019, for my wife and I to celebrate our anniversary! Yeah!
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:35 pm

Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:36 pm

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:14 am

Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:39 am

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm working on the edits today for my first paid composing commission. I keep crying about it, because I didn't have to fight with anyone or take less than I thought it would be worth. It's how this is supposed to go.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Return to “Nerd Babble”