Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby akiva » Thu May 05, 2016 7:13 am

Have I mentioned that ?

I could easily add many more songs.
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Thu May 05, 2016 7:36 pm

More J. Robbins goodness. This song has a driving beat and sounds interesting . . . and then you look at the lyrics and realize it's about a guy who beats his wife/girlfriend.

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Fri May 06, 2016 7:07 am

I don't know if you guys know this, but I like Midnight Oil. A lot. I hope they come to DC, and I hope I get to see them--best live band I've ever seen. I don't know if they'll record any new music, but it was great that they went out on a high note--their last three albums (so far) were excellent.

Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat May 07, 2016 1:29 am

I get it now: is like the Betsey Johnson dress I bought in 1995 or 6. It was what I wore to baseball games. That makes me feel very old. I was driving a car and for some reason thought of this song and it makes me feel very old too. I'm probably responsible for almost all of the views, you know, which is unfortunate. Anyway, I am old and misshapen and I don't even like my own face anymore, which is sad! My face, ugh! But in the past week I have done like 100 things that scared me and I never thought I would be able to do, so at least we have that much progress.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat May 07, 2016 9:45 am

Did I post here about We Banjo 3? I should.

https://youtu.be/cbjB9MGxLzU
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat May 07, 2016 11:35 pm

AC/DC TNT
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun May 08, 2016 10:23 am

John Stabb died. So any number of Government Issue song are running through my head.
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun May 08, 2016 6:46 pm

RIP John.

Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue May 10, 2016 10:48 am

Wow, good stuff there! The poor guy, it sounds like he suffered. I did not know J. Robbins was in that band - he was in Jawbox later? I have their old CD somewhere here.

Lately I have been on an old Beyonce/Destiny's Child kick, I think because I took a really nice drive the other night and for part of it was singing along with a series of Destiny's Child songs that were played on the radio. Anyway,
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue May 10, 2016 11:10 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue May 10, 2016 11:45 am

Ya, that is the one somewhere up in a drawer above my head... somewhere. I like the FF=66 song and the one about Green Glass.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue May 10, 2016 12:10 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu May 12, 2016 4:15 pm

I was listening to this last week in some live Prince performances, so I . Problem is, the lyrics really depress me coming from her when, by all accounts, she just released a big record about how her husband has been unfaithful and they're working through it, etc. etc. With Prince there are some tricky nuances, especially given the other songs he would sing around it. I dislike her hiccup too, that is a problem. Anyway, the little Anna Mae, Ike &Tina references that Beyonce and Jay-Z would make always bothered me because it wasn't clear what that was about - was it just celebration of how awesome Tina is? Okay. Or? And overall when listening to a lot of Beyonce's music I get the impression her marriage is a really, really bad thing for her and she needs somehow to get the hell away from him. That is a depressing thing to hear in the music. Prince's version feels, for all its pleading, like a seduction by someone who is in charge of his business, and Beyonce's feels like a pleading full stop. It really changes the song.

Also it looks like he is wearing gold tennis shoes on lucite wedge heels. And that just kills me AND I want these shoes. GEEZ! We all need this.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu May 12, 2016 9:06 pm

As soon as you turn on the Prince, it all comes back again and . There is no telling how long this could go on. A month? Couple of years? Who knows. I remember seeing this in Purple Rain and being really floored by it, because up until that point I had not really appreciated the song, especially as compared to the others like When Doves Cry. But when you see him performing it, acting out his bit of musical theatre, even in this movie that is not exactly the best movie ever made, it is nevertheless totally believable! I mean, I believe it when he starts screeching! I have never understood how it is Apollonia just sits there vaguely teary eyed while all this is going on. Wouldn't any human being with a pulse and locomotive abilities be running up to fling herself onstage at that point, screaming YESSSSS I WANT YOU SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION that may have arisen on that subtle point!!!?? At the time I remember being kind of blown away by the fact that he had a female guitarist up there with him, and other female band members, because that was not very typical. Anyway, at that moment, you know, that serendipitious moment when he starts screaming and pointing, you just get The Goosebumps and what is in fact certain, to quote the man, is that nobody could say no to that sort of an offer. And then he, uh, exposes his breast - there is really no other way to put it because it is clearly an EXPOSURE going beyond the usual cultural nonchalance about the male chest being out there uncovered - and everyone faints dead.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri May 13, 2016 8:28 am

:tafkap:
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon May 16, 2016 7:10 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon May 16, 2016 1:21 pm

Just hear your voice
Sing all the songs of the earth
Nothing can come between us
You're a brother of mine

Sing out your sisters
All the dreams of the world
Nothing can come between us
We are the travellers of time
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue May 17, 2016 7:08 am

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue May 17, 2016 7:15 am

Once again trying to blast the fog out of my brain . . . maybe it'll work this time.

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed May 18, 2016 6:59 am

Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Babble”