Crows are smart.

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Crows are smart.

Postby Kyle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Re: Crows are smart.

Postby Walrus » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:49 pm

Don't fuck with family corvidae

Quoth the raven
I'm fluent in 4 languages, know a little in 2 others, but all I speak is sarcasm. :sarcasm:
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:02 pm

Crows can count. Humans and primates can count using part of the brain crows don't have. They figured out how to anyway.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/64743/how-do-crows-count
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:39 am

Heroes or Villains, crows will be a super-important part of whatever after-man game I finally write.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:52 am

I expect we will find that many species have greater capacities for memory, hypothetical reasoning, and problem solving than we had anticipated. The work being done with crows, magpies, jays, etc is also wonderful because it helps dispel a number of myths about what constitutes consciousness. It's surprising how many people cling to the notion that human consciousness is "special" even though the things usually chosen to pick it out as such are demonstrated in other species. Anyway, I would like to know how crows and others teach other crows, since we have evidence they do it, but how do they communicate these things?
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:16 pm

Return to “Nerd Talk”