Broken leg recovery

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Broken leg recovery

Postby akiva » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:39 am

Do any of you have any experience with recovering from a broken leg recovery for a serious break just below the hip? My sister in law broke her leg last night, and I'm worried that it's going to be a really tough recovery.
Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Re: Broken leg recovery

Postby Ronster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:51 am

Sorry mate, I'm no help with legs, shoulders, yes, but not legs :(
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Not just below the hip, but I shattered my tibia and fibula at the ankle when I was expecting our daughter. It required surgery and recovery was a bitch and a half. I still walk with a limp if I'm not paying attention. I'm sure it's easier if its not at a joint though, and also easier without implants.

I hope your sister-in-law has good pain meds and a lot of help, sending the good thoughts. <3
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:45 pm

My mom has been through knee and hip replacement surgery. It is a long process, but if you're consistent with your physical therapy, you will recover well.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:04 pm

She had surgery tonight. Apparently the break was clean, which I think is a good thing. But I heard she was in excruciating power last night for several hours after it happened.

Thanks for the shared experiences.
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Talk”