Uncle Bertie's Botanarium

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Uncle Bertie's Botanarium

Postby Kyle » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 am

I know not everyone can afford Howl.fm. But I'm here to tell you, that if you can-- it's so great. I paid $35 for a full year, but I think they have a monthly too, if that suits you.

But seriously, Jermaine Clement (from Flight of the Conchords and What We Do in the Shadows) is the lead in The Mysterious Secrets of Uncle Bertie's Botanarium. It's a radio play about a botanist in the 1700s who takes a journey across the boiling seas to find the Heaven's Clover, which is the source of all joy, so he can destroy it. It's very Python-esque and I freaking love it.

There's just so much thrashing. "Who else wants a thrashing?!?" "Well, I suppose I could use one." THRASH THRASH!
Last edited by Kyle on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Uncle Bertie's Botanarium

Postby Kyle » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:56 am

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Re: Uncle Bertie's Botanarium

Postby poorpete » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Thanks Kyle. I listened to a few minutes of it when it first came out, but didn't catch me at the time. Will try again when I resubscribe sometime soon.

I've subscribed to Howl in total about 2 months since they started. The app was indeed awful, but the website was pretty good, and the content was great.

I like anything with Jon Gabrus, so enjoyed what I heard from "The Layman" but I can get "High and Mighty" for free. "Besser vs. the Audience" I hoped to enjoy but doesn't match Besser's great "Improv4Humans" podcast, again for free.

I liked "I Know it Sounds Crazy", wish they did a season two.

I spent most of my time listening to the live Comedy Bang Bang and classic Never Not Funny episodes.

I own this album but it's on Howl, you should listen to the masterpiece album that is "Nine Sweaters" by Andy Daly.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Nerd Talk”