Hoping to buy a game platform,

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

which platform should I go with? I have only had Nintendo or PC games

Poll ended at Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:10 am

XBOX ONE
No votes
PS4
50%
PS3
50%
Nintendo WiiU
No votes
Nintendo Switch
No votes

Total votes: 2
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hoping to buy a game platform,

Postby Ronster » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:10 am

but what to do, to do?
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Re: Hoping to buy a game platform,

Postby TheMaster » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:15 am

PC
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:29 am

I meant to add that it will not be connected to the internet since we have satellite internet with low data limits.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:18 pm

If it's not going to be connected to the internet, I'd stick with PC. Most other consoles pretty much require an internet connection now. If you want to go with a console anyways, I've only had experience with PlayStation (PS3 & PS4) and Wii. Of those, the PS3/PS4 get the most use (depending on the game we're playing); the Wii was fun at first as a novelty, but doesn't get much use anymore.

But I and my kids tend towards PC games, which tend to be easier to mod than console games.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:08 pm

I'd probably go with a PS3, unless you're set on the newest games. Though many new games are still developing for the PS3 as well. I don't know for sure how the PS3 reacts without internet for updates but I'm guessing that, the older the system, the less dependent it is on the internet. Depending on model PS3 is ~$100-120, PS4 is $250-300.

The problem with the PC is that almost all new games now are delivered by direct download; you cannot go into a store to get a new game. If you're content with games a few years old, there are a ton of games at cheap prices. Then you'd also have a word processes and everything else a PC can do without internet.

The Wii U is largely a dead end, not a ton of games came out on it. I don't know much about the Switch but it probably won't have many games specifically for it for a while.

Never played an XBox.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:08 am

If you're not going for the online multiplay environment, I would go PS3 for the relative expense and the massive catalog of games.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:24 pm

I looked at my options and the available games...I got a deal on an XBox 1 S...problem is all the updates they require hog all my data. I literally have to wait until March to download my already purchased copy of Battlefield1 because it is a 47 Gig d/l.... :brickwall:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “The Gaming Table”