Episode 135 - Open the Kimono

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 135 - Open the Kimono

Postby Mike » Mon May 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Mike gets a question from a new listener and spends a half hour explaining what roleplaying games are. Thanks Irish Fan. Then a few little topics and observations to clear the list, and it's time for the Pod-O-Matic. This week, Mike and Aidan answer five listener-submitted queries including an FMK on Norse gods, a would-you-rather on losing body parts, co-op vs. adversarial games, Redwall, and the spice Melange. Mix in some Listener Betrayal, and you've got yourself an episode. Come sit by the fire with me, and we'll chat.

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
TheMaster
Happy Medium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Episode 135 - Open the Kimono

Postby TheMaster » Mon May 02, 2016 1:07 pm

YAY! PEER PRESSURE WORKS!

LOL
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Mon May 02, 2016 1:08 pm

D-RAM-IT! That 'SILENCE' gets me every time!

Karma?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon May 02, 2016 2:22 pm

Especially if you just listened to the Angry Geeks right before it. Theirs was a little quiet, so I had the volume cranked all the way up.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Mon May 02, 2016 2:25 pm

that is exactly what happened
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon May 02, 2016 7:49 pm

If you're new to roleplaying, here's a couple of good places to start.

by S. John Ross. Very simple, very clever. And free.

If you want the D&D experience, try --it's a stripped down version. It's also written to make it easier for newcomers. It's much longer than Risus, but also free. As is a huge amount of other stuff for BFRP.
Reel on a repeating loop
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed May 04, 2016 9:41 am

I thought Mike was going to bone me on what toys he likes. And then he comes through!

Also, I may well send your son some MLP.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”