Episode 192 - Iceman Cometh

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 192 - Iceman Cometh

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:02 am

This week is Mike and Aidan again! First there’s some basic Pathfinder GM talk on the Game Table. In the Science Corner, Mike and Aidan talk about the incredible shrinking kilogram. Then it’s Fingertips, where the guys touch on Elon Musk, excessive patriotism, universal basic income, and the Death Tunnel of Tajikistan. On the Pod-O-Matic, R2 delivers a half-dozen all-new, listener-submitted questions: The Dark Tower, the Marvel cinematic universe, the game Paranoia, colonizing Venus, True Detective, and our girl names. Filling. Satisfying. And absolutely zero calories. Listen now!

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Episode 192 - Iceman Cometh

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Some clarifications:

I have a lot of Magic cards. But the decks that faced each other in the tournament last year were not actual constructions. That was all carried out on Magic Workstation with virtual cards.

I, for the most part, don't buy individual cards. I build my decks with what I happen to have laying around. I'm bringing a cube full of goofy cards to GenCon, and I had to buy a lot of those individually. I'm going to say I spent around $30 or so on cards. Talking with Andrew about this, and not counting the cards I bought to make this cube, I think the most I've ever actually spent on a card is $1.15 on a junk common from Portal Three Kingdoms - which had very limited availability in America, and was mostly released in the China/Japan/Australia market. (I definitely own cards that are worth more, but I've acquired those from booster packs and sealed decks over time.) I'm not really into the whole buying individual cards just to make a deck. As I don't play on the competitive level, I really don't see the need.

Andrew and I are pretty evenly tied on terms of skill. I think Andrew has a better edge on booster drafting and knowing what the more powerful cards are in normal limited formats. I think that I have a slight edge on evaluating board positions and making tight plays. I could also be completely wrong on all that. But when we play against each other, we are quite evenly matched, and are probably very close to 50-50.

And yes, I will totally kick Aidan's ass.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:10 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”