Episode 194 - Awesome in the Eighties

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 194 - Awesome in the Eighties

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:08 am

Mike and Aidan introduce an all new segment to the show. But first, Mike talks about his observations at a Jason Derulo concert, and then gives a review of the new novel Meddling Kids. Then, in the new segment, Awesome in the Eighties, the guys talk about Top Gun… a movie Mike loved as a kid… and whether or not it holds up for a new generation. Spoiler Alert: Iceman is the good guy. Then it’s a full ten all-new, listener-submitted questions rolled up on the Pod-O-Matic. They cover topics from trigonometry and thumb drives to movie remakes, Kyle’s office pool on the death of Barnes and Noble, and one of the most cringe-inducing Bed-Wed-Behead bits ever. And that not even including an amazing Listener Betrayal. Awesome day! Awesome podcast! Come get your listen on!

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Episode 194 - Awesome in the Eighties

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:54 pm

One of the kids actually made up a half-elf rogue for our Pathfinder game. He can't think of a name for the character yet. I'm thinking about making his last name Eldthorson, and putting a hint of red in his hair. :)
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Yes!

For my kids, all three of them are actually descended from (or claim to be descended from--it's been a few generations) characters who were the bad guys in our first campaign. The original PCs are now notorious boogiemen of legend.

You really have to keep us posted on how it plays out for you.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:35 pm

I think you should retitle the movie thing "Anthony Edwards in the 80s"--you could hit a number of films with the 80s Zeitgeist--"Top Gun," "Revenge of the Nerds," "Gotcha," "Fadt Times at Ridgemont High," . . .
Reel on a repeating loop
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:54 pm

I can't help but feel like you kept calling me fat when you were saying that it would be hard for us to squeeze into places.

I'm working on it, Mike!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:41 pm

No, no I was totally kidding :)

Pat can TOTALLY eat me under the table... I love going through drive throughs with him, because he will order stuff and I'll order stuff, and he will sometimes order more than me, and they ALWAYS think all the food is for me
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:09 pm

Bill is the kind of guy who does military training just because retirement is kinda boring. I'm not making this up.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm legitimately worried that I'm going to annoy the CRAP out of Bill during the trip. I have this deep-seated fear that I'm WAY more annoying than I realize and people are just too nice to tell me.

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”