Episode 227 - Bachelor Party

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 227 - Bachelor Party

Postby Mike » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:29 am

Whoa! Lotsa movies this week: Train to Busan, Hush, Before I Wake, and Open House, PLUS a brand-new Awesome in the Eighties segment where Mike and Aidan review the Tom Hanks classic, Bachelor Party. Throw in some of the usual nerd meanderings and seven all-new, listener-submitted Pod-O-Matic questions, and you’ve got yourself an episode! Look, I’m not saying that this episode will give you superpowers, but are you really willing to pass it up... just in case?

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Episode 227 - Bachelor Party

Postby Kyle » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:30 pm

So I normally agree with Aidan's movie opinions. But we need to throw on the breaks. Four recommends? Come on. Fortunately I saw all four of those horror movies before listening to the episode, and while I agree with the order he has put them, the only recommend I'd give is for Train to Busan-- which I agree with both of you is a freaking great movie.

However... Hush is not a good movie. It was a middling horror movie which wasted a good premise. Before I wake was just bad. Like- watched it with the family and we all thought it was bad. Just dumb. And the again- like with Hush- a cool premise ruined by terrible scripting. Finally. Oh boy. I mean, really? Open House was just awful. So very awful. And it was awful before the terrible ending. The only good thing was the lead actress, and that was not even close enough. Here's how bad it was-- I keep track and rank all the 2018 movies I've seen. This year I've seen 17 movies that were released in 2018. Open House is at the bottom. Below Truth or Dare. Below The Titan. BELOW THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX. How dare you, Aidan.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Episode 227 - Bachelor Party

Postby Ronster » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:32 pm

I would suggest a good time to record of Saturday afternoon some time before 4:30 because I have to drive home then.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”