Episode 232 - Ghost Posts

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 232 - Ghost Posts

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:05 am

After a week off, Mike returns with a new segment--Word of Mouth--where he plugs the Flash Forward podcast. Then he's got a new book report over Prey of the Gods, an Afro-futurist sci-fi/fantasy tales of old gods in future South Afrca. In Fingertips, he talks about GenCon, tipping, the McDonald's drive-thru, and some language stuff. There's also an abbreviated Pod-O-Matic segment, followed by most glorious Listener Betrayal segment in a long long time. This is one for the ages! Listen now!

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Episode 232 - Ghost Posts

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:09 am

HA! I messed up! I totally forgot to go back and put in the new music for the Word of Mouth segment. I feel dumb.

I'll have to fix it tonight.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:16 am

Ooooooh, can't wait to hear this one! I need to find some way to perch in one room for an hour.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:05 pm

So worth it for Noah’s laugh at the end.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:42 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Postby Walrus » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:37 am

Working on catching up on some podcasts - yay thanks for the kind words. Sabine is awesome.

So far only one person has recognised the source of the name without being told.

planet Bob - YAY for NERDS!! Mike caught it, yes, the idea is it's the outside of a Dyson Sphere. There is going to be 2 settings for gaming, one the outside, covered and loaded with a lithosphere and atmosphere gained from meteors and comets, protected by an aggressive automated magnetosphere defense. Leaving a medevil setting, Gonna start in AD&D 2ns ed (the last GOOD AD&D edition (start edition war here ...)) The inside is going to be a sci-fi setting - going to work with Star Wars.

I submitted the idea to a guy on a Google + group, and he rendered an image of Bob - and is using the idea in his own setting, so came up with some story around it will lnk here...
He called it Gruppa for his setting
https://plus.google.com/+AndrewChason/posts/4vWiip98XrY
Based on my idea

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1srm ... sp=sharing

The Star Wars setting I was thinking, was that the Dyson Sphere was made by the Kwa Species during and after the war with the Rakata and their Infinite Empire.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kwa
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Infinite_Empire

I intend to place this system on the 'west' side of the core, just beyond the deep core in my setting.
I'm fluent in 4 languages, know a little in 2 others, but all I speak is sarcasm. :sarcasm:

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”