Episode 236 - Give it a Title

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 236 - Give it a Title

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Sorry for the delay. Mike's been in Halifax, Canada. But now he's back and he'll tell you all about it. Plus there's some Nerd Rage about apartment hunting and at least one new Pod-O-Matic... okay, exactly one new Pod-O-Matic. It's good to be back. This one's for you.

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Re: Episode 236 - Give it a Title

Postby Walrus » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:52 am

Hey,
Just listening. Congrats on the vacay, glad you enjoyed it.

I just have to chime in tho. As an Aussie Ex-pat living in Canada, soooo much to add.

Aussie Burgers.
The idea that an Australian Style burger lacks lettuce would be abhorent to most Aussie truck-stops, They are packed and stacked.
They commonly include fried egg (often still runny) fried onion, bacon, beetroot (canned or pickled) as well as grated carrot, tomato, pickle, regular onion, pineaple slice sometimes, bbq sauce etc etc. Dried beet sounds like it would detract from the burger.
I personally wasn't a big fan of the beetroot on burgers (nor pineapple) but they are common and would usually turn up on a works burger in Australia. (bean sprouts turn up sometimes and are very good)

Tim Hortons ...
When I got to Canada some 14 years ago, Tim Hortons had what I would call decent middle range coffee. Since the chain was bought by burger king, the quality of the coffee has fallen, I now rate it as just drinkable. They changed their blend to something cheeper. The irony is that in Canada, McDonalds picked up the blend that Tims dropped as they pushed the 'McCafe' branding, and they have better coffee than Tims now.
As for their donuts, they used to be made in-store, mixed and baked or fried, filled etc etc. Over time they went cheeper nd easier, till now it is all pre-frozen and pre-mixed, skimping on fruit fillings etc etc. Other coffee chains like Country Style still do better with their products.

Just my 2 cents ...
I'm fluent in 4 languages, know a little in 2 others, but all I speak is sarcasm. :sarcasm:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”