Episode 237 - Buried Survivors

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 237 - Buried Survivors

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Whoa! Treppenwitz plus Mike passes on a joke from Trevor Noah, AND there's a Nerd Rage about Buffalo Wild Wings. Bet you didn't see that coming! He rounds out the 'cast with a half-dozen all-new, listener-submitted Pod-O-Matic entries AND some Listener Betrayal. Podcasting you'll love so much you'll want to marry it!

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Re: Episode 237 - Buried Survivors

Postby Walrus » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:20 am

AaAAnnnnd I'm back!!

Daymn this heat is killing us!

For Noah, I'm not familiar with that song about Australian Burger King, but the song-writers aren't that familiar with it either. In Australia, the company decided on the name "Hungry Jacks" - the logo, most of the menu and whatnot is the same, but it's shortened to "Hungrys". And yes, they have an "Aussie Burger", it has egg, and canned beetroot, both fried and raw onion etc etc on it.

It's kinda funny really, since BK bought up the Timmies, much as I enjoy BK burgers/food, the Timmies has slipped.

Thinking of the name thing, the Wife pointed out that in her time in Australia, she noticed a number of companies that turned up under different names, Sears turns up as "Myers", Walmart turns up as "Big-W" McDonalds is referred to "Maccas" or "Mc Chucks"

It's really quite an interesting experience to live that shift.
I'm fluent in 4 languages, know a little in 2 others, but all I speak is sarcasm. :sarcasm:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”