The Bicoastal Disorder Podcast!

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

The Bicoastal Disorder Podcast!

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:06 pm

I'm just copying and pasting what Sawah posted in another forum. She's a moderator... she'll fix it if she feels like it.

Bicoastal Disorder with SBH and Sawah is available on the following platforms:

Anchor:
https://anchor.fm/bicoastal-disorder

Google Podcasts:
https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aH ... Nhc3QvcnNz

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/show/2m0GOKgPOjTwCo8LC1nVB5

Breaker:
https://www.breaker.audio/bicoastal-disorder

Pocketcasts: (My podcatcher of choice)
https://pca.st/MWSi

Radio Public:
https://play.radiopublic.com/bicoastal-disorder-GE27JN

Stitcher:
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/anchor ... l-disorder

Thank you for the sweet words and I hope that this is a long and fruitful partnership! Thrilled to be part of the NPN and official quality nerds

Cheers,

Sawah (and by extension, because we are Ameobas, SBH)
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: The Bicoastal Disorder Podcast!

Postby Kyle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:21 pm

Sawah- is it going to be available through itunes?
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:00 pm

:cheers:
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:53 pm

bicoastal disorder sounds like my local dating prospects eyyyyyyy
Sawah
Pwned Noob

Postby Sawah » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:51 am

Hi Kyle,

It will eventually be available through itunes. We use Anchor to record and host and they are working to get their podcasts onto itunes right now. I will let you all know when that happens. Thanks for your interest in checking us out

-Sawah
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:23 am

Will an episode 2 be forthcoming? I listened to episode 1 over the weekend and it really spoke to me, but I need to organize thoughts before responding. Or maybe will do that directly to you!
Sawah
Pwned Noob

Postby Sawah » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:40 am

Hi Phoebe,

We are recording episode 2 on Wednesday (and it will be published soon after) it will be part one of Toxic Friendships.

So glad to hear it spoke to you and we look forward to your thoughts. <3

Sawah
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Here are a few other thoughts after I wrote a ridiculous book on your other thread. I would like to know why, in a world where the joyful tinkling of the $$$CH-CHING$$$ bell depends on having smart, creative, innovative people, most of whom are also deeply into art, music, and literature, and many of whom are what today is called neuroatypical, we do not carefully nurture these little people and prevent their peers from attacking them and making their lives miserable? Why isn't bullying being looked at in terms of the swath of senseless life and productivity-destruction it surely causes? What if we really did celebrate all the wee nerdy kids and realize that these kids are a big part of the community's future success? And if we trample on them, we damage that?

Thinking back on the life trajectories of people who were bullied or suffered in childhood because they were too smart, or too creative, or too different, or too fashion-challenged, or too damn nice to hurt other people to fend them off in self-defense... whatever the reason, this childhood suffering did things to them. Some of them appear to have fled physically - like moved three states away and developed a radically different sort of life from what their childhood experience was like. I swear half the reason to be on facebook is to see the VICTORY of some of these people - like this one woman who was bullied constantly in high school (and surely before that, at some other school besides mine), she's now this dazzling socialite in L.A. and every time I see a picture an internal cheering banana :banana: fires off because damn, I hope everyone can see her now.

But so many of my friends - the "gifted" kids, the nerds, the weirdos, the abject, the rejected - fell down a much harsher path. They internalized all that hostility and fought self-doubt for years. They never thought they were worth anything even though they were bursting with talent and compassion and goodness. Others did drugs, so many drugs! Dropped out of school. Struggled through bad relationships, all kinds of problems. What if we had cradled these children in joy and comfort throughout their school years? What if we sent the clear message that making a beautiful painting or being kind to people or having the best score on the math test was in fact JUST as celebration-worthy as scoring a touchdown? Because I'm not sure many of my friends ever got that message, except maybe from parents or a few other friends who weren't any better off in terms of being tormented by the nonsense of the grade school social world. I feel very lucky, somehow the genius of my parents and also grandparents was to make me feel safe and separate from all of that crap, and like I was on a road of my own making regardless of the petty cruelties and violence of the childhood world. I laugh because I'm talking like it's some horror movie, but, well...

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”