Episode 143 - All Day Long Peachy

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 143 - All Day Long Peachy

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:56 am

Mike's last podcast from Camp Cedars 2016. He talks about camp again, plus everything that popped into his head this week: science, astronomy, siafu - the killer ants from Crystal Skull, inkjet printers, linguistics... I don't know... a bunch of stuff. Mike was pretty punchy by the time he recorded it. But trust me... it's awesome. There's even a handful of listener-submitted Pod-O-Matics, and some decent Listener Betrayal. So come on in and set a spell.

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Episode 143 - All Day Long Peachy

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:38 am

Unable to download from either the direct link you provided or from iTunes. Your direct link gives a 404 error.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:48 am

Fixed.

Don't know what happened. File just wasn't there.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:11 am

It's downloading now. I'll have something to listen to while working this afternoon!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:15 pm

Is there a game design primer to help them to get the badge? Let us know! I would love to help out.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:39 pm

The merit badge requirements for game design are found
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:19 am

I listened last night! There were lots of things you said that i agree with. you thought you were weird for feeling that way. if that is true so am i. not giving specifics. not because i dont want to spoil it for anyone, but because i have slept since then. Glad you had fun!
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:39 am

So my first thought about the D4 questions was "Irish Fan has clearly never stepped on one in bare feet in the dark" and then you said it for me. This is why you're awesome (among many many other reasons).

Also: Your five year anniversary was April 7th. :D ;)

I think I have other things to say, but it's time for me and GSA to start fixing up the -80 degree C freezer. I hate this part.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:09 am

Wow. It actually has been five years. Cool.

After listening to this episode myself, I started thinking that maybe I'm too hard on the d4. After all, it's just one more tool in the box. Surely I should be able to accept it for its place in the randomizing universe. But I can't do it. I resent the d4 with a smoldering passion. It's a bad die, and I feel bad having to roll it. It's better online, where I don't have to deal with the physical manifestation of it, but it still ain't right.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:25 pm

One good think about the d4 is that in systems, like Savage Worlds, where getting the top result on a die allows you to roll again, the chances are higher that you will get to roll again.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Irish Fan
Infrared Drone

Postby Irish Fan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:17 am

You had me at the analogy of stepping on a Lego. I now hate the d4, too!!
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:12 am

Mike, Mike, Mike...did I not provide you with the best d4 ever? Have you forgotten so soon? :sarcasm:

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Irish Fan
Infrared Drone

Postby Irish Fan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:45 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:32 pm

These are beautiful, non-standard d4's that make them usable. But never forget that beneath the surface, that are still birthed of evil.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:41 pm

But what if it lands on one of those tiny triangles on the end?
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:20 am

then that is of course the roller's choice:)
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”