Sound issues

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Sound issues

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:01 am

Episode 3 was better than episode 2 as far as sound, but still very messy.

I'm no expert, but it sounds like SBH is fine. Sawah, on the other hand, has two issues I can pick out right away:

1. The interference that is distorting your audio as you begin speaking each time, making your first couple of words unintelligible sometimes. If you keep talking, you could go on for minutes with no problem, but then, if SBH talks, and then we cut back to Sawah, we get that distortion for the first few words. I have no idea what it is, but it could be interference because it's at the overlap of both of you talking. Maybe some sort of feedback thing? I don't know. I don't know how you are set up or what you are using, so I don't know how to fix it.

2. There's an overall distortion in Sawah's voice that I associate with just being too loud and getting your sound truncated at the top end. Might be wrong though. This could be an issue with your recording device, maybe you need to set the gain on it, maybe you're just too close to the mic.

Your content is good, but the sound is distracting.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sound issues

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:04 pm

For me it goes back and forth, where sometimes SBH is really soft relative to Sawah, and then suddenly I can hear SBH clearly and louder but Sawah sounds distorted or comes in and out irregularly.

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”