Episode 245 - Planet Goblin

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 245 - Planet Goblin

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:12 pm

In the spirit of focusing less on the news, Mike shares his love of the Threedom podcast, from the people responsible for Comedy Bang Bang. Then in the Science Corner, he talks about censorship on the Chinese internet, including the REAL reason why they banned Winnie the Pooh. Plus, he talks about The Goblin--a new dwarf planet--and what it means for Planet Nine. He also grouses about how long the James Webb Space Telescope is taking, but that’s not new. And then in the Unnamed History Segment, he shares some of his own family history, including James Adair who wrote the definitive treatise on the indigenous people of America (or at least definitive for the American Southeast in the Eighteenth Century). On top of all this, there’s nearly a dozen all-new, listener-submitted questions from the Pod-O-Matic, including (but not limited to): 3D printing, forgiveness, Starfinder, eating birds, Necco wafers, and instructions on how to join the extremely secretive Nerd Pride Radio inner circle. This is your chance: break out your Junior Nerd Cadet secret decoder rings (tm) and be one of us!

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Episode 245 - Planet Goblin

Postby Kyle » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:30 am

Okay- Ron's question about whether you'd let a daughter date a guy with a van made me laugh so hard. Once again: I love Ron.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:42 pm

One for the “Mike was wrong!” segment: China is the second largest economy, not the largest. The US is largest.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:18 pm

In raw numbers, the U.S. is slightly ahead. In terms of purchasing power parity, China has squeaked into the lead for two or three years.

But that's a technicality. I'm still giving you the points.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”