Episode 250 - Big Mike

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 250 - Big Mike

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:59 pm

It’s the 250th episode Nerd Pride Spectaculathon! Okay, that’s a bit much… it’s an extra-long episode to celebrate 250! First up is one of the longest works of fiction ever--a Smash Bros Fanfic! Then a new segment called Five Clicks where Mike works his way through Wikipedia from a random starting point: bananas, kids cartoons, Isaac Asimov, and Latex bodysuits all help make up the links of this chain. As promised, Mike takes up an analysis of the ancient play Medea as inspiration for Fatal Attraction. Double movie reviews of I, Tonya and Jupiter Ascending. And finally, on Word of Mouth, Mike raves about the podcast Levar Burton Reads. But that’s not all! All this nerdy goodness is topped off with a half-dozen all-new, listener-submitted entries from the Pod-O-Matic as well as an extra-long, extra-philosophical installment of Listener Betrayal. Seven-and-a-half years in and one-quarter of the way to some big number… dive in and help us celebrate episode 250! You won’t regret it!

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Episode 250 - Big Mike

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:01 pm

Oooooooh I can't wait to listen to this one - I'm hoping this is my Friday evening entertainment!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:42 am

I like the new segment. Call it Five Links and then play some Zelda sounds. Or call it Five Elements and then have a quote from Ruby Rhod.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:42 am

Omigod, Korben Dallas! You know how I love Ruby Rhod!

Five Links makes more sense though. You're good at this game.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:40 pm

It was my cello, and this was the trailer:

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:04 pm

That is so cool!

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”