Episode 252 - Adamantium Bullet

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 252 - Adamantium Bullet

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:58 pm

There’s a little game talk at the gaming table… some Deadpool, some Godball, some D&D. Then Mike and Aidan dive into what TV they’ve been watching, including Happy! and The Haunting of Hill House. As a bonus, they throw in a review of their rewatch of 2004’s The Grudge. In the Unnamed History Segment, Mike recounts the horrifying story of the making of the movie Roar (1981). Then in Fingertips, Mike cleans up the masterlist by talking about Logan, Punisher, scones, and Schrodinger's Cat. And then it’s R2 time! He brings a half-dozen, all-new, listener-submitted questions to the table, covering Smash Bros, parenting, the Spider-Verse, Ireland, and so much more. Welcome to your new favorite podcast… this episode was made just for you!

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Episode 252 - Adamantium Bullet

Postby akiva » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:27 am

Can you explain Schrodinger's cat to me? I had a hard time understanding the show because of that.
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:28 am

I think at least some of the people who idolize really fucked up people is ignorance. There were a lot of affluent privileged kids at my college who had Sid Vicious posters up; my guess is that all they knew about him was that he'd been in the Sex Pistols (but probably didn't know any of their music) and that he looked like a badass rebel.
Reel on a repeating loop
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:27 am

Michael:

https://xkcd.com/1053/

Someone is ALWAYS learning common knowledge for the first time.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:10 pm

How dare you! You know that Randall and I aren't on speaking terms.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Oh shnoikies! I forgot about the INCIDENT! Would you like some Questionable Content instead?
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Seriously, though, it's a thing I struggle with, or anyone, I imagine. Being involved with a subject for decades can temper the memory of how awesome learning some of the basic stuff was. Yes, it can be tedious, but a cat being alive and dead at the same time? How awesome is that? Or the fact that a single note on the piano, or a cello, for that matter, isn't just the note you hear but all these other notes, too? That's so amazingly cool! Or how about that the written musical language we use is 2 dimensional? So neat!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:59 pm

I completely agree. I love nothing better than finding a chance to share something awesome with someone, and in one-on-one situations, I love doing exactly that. My complaint on the podcast is in a media intended for a large audience of nerds, is it worth diverting to offer the full explanation, or assuming most people get it, do you offer a very abridged version of it with reference to go learn more, or do you just say it and move on?

Depending on context and the importance of the Cat to your topic, it's usually somewhere in the middle ground.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Yeah, I know you're right. Is it okay if I keep being righteously indignant for a while? I was kind of having fun.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:44 pm

Let me back up then:

My point is that there are certain scientific concepts that absolutely SHOULD be common knowledge at this point. This is 8th grade material. If you don't get it, then I don't know that I want you listening to my podcast. It's not MY job to educate you. Quit wasting my time.

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”