Episode 285 - There is Only Thule

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 285 - There is Only Thule

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:08 am

Whoa! Aidan’s running the Gaming Table and rambling on about Smash Bros and game pricing. Then there’s a very Prince Valiant heavy installment of Five Links. And back to Aidan and video games for some NERD RAGE! Plus there’s a dozen all-new, listener-submitted questions on the Pod-O-Matic, covering the heavy issues: white vs. wheat, backpack or bookbag, and how do you like your gingerbread! For the love of all that is good and holy in this world, if you listen to only one podcast before deciding how to vote in this Super Tuesday primary… please make it this one!

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Episode 285 - There is Only Thule

Postby Kyle » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:50 am

I want to create a universe where only one superhero exists: The Maize Master, and his powers DO work on canned corn. He'd rule the world in his corn-powered devices!
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:25 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:28 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:43 pm

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:50 pm

Oooo. I like that.

What about this- and if it's too over the top, let me know, because I'm not wedded to the idea:

Maize Minions. He's learned to cultivate a special variant of corn that is sentient and semi-autonomous. They are hive-minded and have the intelligence of a five year old, although they still communicate telepathically with Maize Master through the recently discovered C-Waves that corn naturally emits. They also look like ears of corn with faces on them and stalks for legs and corn husks for arms. Kind of like this, but with only two eyes and only three feet tall:

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:00 pm

Oh shit... Maize Master's the villain. Damn.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:08 pm

Well, you got me. Here I was going to correct your pronunciation...because I only knew of Thule, Greenland.

Thule [ thoo-lee for 1, 2; too-lee for 3 ]
noun
1 the ancient Greek and Latin name for an island or region variously identified as one of the Shetland Islands, Iceland, or Norway: supposed to be the most northerly region of the world.
2 ultima Thule.
3 a settlement in NW Greenland: site of U.S. air base.

Also, bonus points to Aidan for catching his Bleach Episode count error. I was having my own vonversation with my podcast player about him saying that...

Well Played on both counts, sir, well played.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”