Episode 174 - My Awesome Parents

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 174 - My Awesome Parents

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Mike has fun just talking about games and nonsense until, without warning, he turns it all into a rant about politics. But he is quickly saved by Aidan and R2 who help him out with ten brand spankin’ new listener-submitted Pod-O-Matic questions. There’s bug eating and a Trump report, overlooked science fiction and the Pathfinder game, plus another zombie apocalypse and a full recitation of the Jabberwock. All this among other assorted Pod-O-Matic goodness. You’re already happy you’ve chosen to listen to this one. You know you won’t regret it.

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Episode 174 - My Awesome Parents

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:19 pm

I'm excited. I do have some suggestions for new things in the game. I will update the rules with one basic thing (cow placement) so that putting down cows makes more sense.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:25 pm

PANDORUM is the movie you're talking about and it's great.

When it comes to science fiction movies. I would love to see one where things are actually going well for the folks involved in spite of the challenges. Like a frontier-type movie.

Also - I've heard that Paolo Bacigalupi's Ship Breaker got optioned for a movie. I am super happy about that.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 am

Pandorum! THAT'S the movie!

I love that film. I think I've watched it three times. It was just an absolute gem of a movie that I stumbled over by accident.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:25 am

You've probably eaten bugs in food because of food dye. Many carmine dyes are from cochineal bugs.
Right now, I think the ick factor keeps insect protein from getting to a large enough scale to be cheap - theoretically, it's cheaper as it takes less food to achieve a given amount of protein.

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”