Episode 175 - Mighty Mike

All the podcasts and stuffs created by our awesome community!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Episode 175 - Mighty Mike

Postby Mike » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:05 am

A laid back episode. Mike tells stories about his son’s pet hedgehog, nostalgia, and Dick Cavett. But then he rolls out R2, and there’s more than a dozen listener-submitted questions: John Wick, Mike’s new car, Superman, airshows, flossing, Christmas movies and tons more. Hurry up and download it now before we’re all sold out!

Enjoy!

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Episode 175 - Mighty Mike

Postby Phoebe » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Trying to get back into the podcasts, I listened to this one while doing dishes and found it most enjoyable. Yes to the difference between simply having a fun conversation and really eliciting things from people as an interviewer. I love Cavett's interviews with Janis Joplin. Also this may go without saying but like all the beautiful people, Cavett is from Nebraska.

I don't get the point of indoor fake drive in either. If you want mere fancy seating, we can surely do better. When we went in my youth it didn't last until the wee hours, but it was a double feature and a lot of time was indeed spent tailgating (AKA at that time "picnic on car") and running around with other kids at a gravel covered playground while giant movie played above you. Yes, awesome. Also it used to be cheaper to go that way, with a carful of all the little cousins/neighbors piled in the larger beltless backseats of our youth.

Yes, DMDarcs is sooooo awesome and yes we are in over our heads and I done warned y'all. If we can take one foe like this one at a time we may make it, but if not? Doomed. If I die someone go tell my fiance.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:32 pm

See, the idea of classic cars that you can hang out in means that people are going to fool around in your classic cars.

The other thing, how the hell are you going to get all of that popcorn out of those cars?

I could see this though - a bunch of classic car shells that you have in stadium type seating. All the windscreens and roofs are gone, making them these crazy convertibles. It would be kitschy and fun. But gutting classic cars to turn them into seats is a hell of a thing.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:50 pm

At my local theatres they occasionally have bedlike seating, in pairs, and you can lift the armrest out of the way. Invariably I feel like the whole thing needs a misting of Clorox before I sit in it - just think of the FEET that must touch it, alone - and it is fully scratched from the list of places my kids ever get to travel without me...

Return to “Nerd Pride Network”