How exciting is Superman?

Show off your creative endeavors: photography, stories, podcasts, painting, drawing, comics, poetry, sculpture, videos, ANYTHING. If you made it and you're proud of it, display it here. If you've got something to plug, do it here. We wanna see what you got!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

How exciting is Superman?

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:58 pm

As a character? Be honest.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How exciting is Superman?

Postby akiva » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:30 pm

I haven't read many Superman comics, but I don't find him that interesting--he can do almost anything, and is practically invulnerable (barring deus ex machina), so where's the challenge?
Reel on a repeating loop
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:31 pm

I think Characters without character flaws are boring. I saw an edgy superman one time and he was awesome. turned out to be an alternate reality.
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Angry Geek D-Rod
Ein Berliner

Postby Angry Geek D-Rod » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:31 am

The majority of Superman storylines barely focus on his powers, but rather who he is as a character. He's the moral compass of the DC universe and has to carry all the weight of the world. I almost ALWAYS hear the complaint "he's boring because he can do anything" coupled with "I don't really read his comics that much." Give it a chance! In fact, they're now wrapping up his storyline in which he's been depowered for nearly a year, so that's a great opportunity!
Let's just say it moved me...TO A BIGGER HOUSE!!!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:05 am

Okay... that was the last time for teasing you about Superman. Joke's gotten old.

I've seen good Superman stories and I've seen lame ones. But I've not followed superhero comics for over 20 years, AND I've always been a Marvel guy anyway.

I just like poking fun at you.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Nerd Love (show off your stuff!)”