TALK-O TUESDAYS, ISSUE #1, VOLUME 1

Show off your creative endeavors: photography, stories, podcasts, painting, drawing, comics, poetry, sculpture, videos, ANYTHING. If you made it and you're proud of it, display it here. If you've got something to plug, do it here. We wanna see what you got!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Angry Geek D-Rod
Ein Berliner
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

TALK-O TUESDAYS, ISSUE #1, VOLUME 1

Postby Angry Geek D-Rod » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:38 am

It's Nintendo week here at AGV! We're celebrating the release of the highly anticipated Nintendo Switch this weekend, a LITERAL game changer!

But before we get there, let's be all nostalgic and discuss our favorite Nintendo games over the past three decades across all platforms!

What are some of your absolute favorite games released EXCLUSIVELY by Nintendo?!?!?

(Games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter were across all consoles, so there)
Let's just say it moved me...TO A BIGGER HOUSE!!!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: TALK-O TUESDAYS, ISSUE #1, VOLUME 1

Postby Mike » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:03 pm

I'm old. So Zelda Link to the Past. Although, for my street cred, I should say that my brothers and I owned the very first Legend of Zelda in its initial release.

Also Super Mario World.

Link to the Past and SMW were the games I played most while in college, and they are still the gold standard for me.

Oh... and Mario Kart.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Angry Geek D-Rod
Ein Berliner

Postby Angry Geek D-Rod » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:23 am

NES - I've always been insanely in love with Bubble Bobble and play it at the arcade every chance I get, as long as I have a partner so I can actually beat it! I'm also the absolute best player of Dr. Mario of ALL TIME.

SNES - I've played and replayed Link to the Past too many times. I even had Link properly "act out" events as they progressed instead of just running through the game to get it done. Example: After Link's uncle dies, I had Link hesitate to leave and look back at the home one last time before he left for his adventure. VERY DRAMTIC! But I loved doing stuff like that!

N64 - The Big Three - Mario Kart, Goldeneye and Smash Bros. Milhouse, Beowulf, Jerkass and I try to do an annual geek day, and these are always part of the schedule. Jerkass always wins Battle, Beowulf always wins GP, Milhouse always wins Smash Bros and I always win Goldeneye.

Gamecube - I could not get enough of Eternal Darkness, especially playing the game while people watched and witnessing their utter confusion when the game would "break" and mess with their heads.

Game Boy - Tetris. Come on man. And Dr. Mario again, of course.
Let's just say it moved me...TO A BIGGER HOUSE!!!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:35 am

Oh, Tetris.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Nerd Love (show off your stuff!)”