[GB] Expansions

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

[GB] Expansions

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:35 pm

This is seriously just cloud-talk, because we have to come up with a working format and actually have a real game before we start talking expansions. BUT it does seem to be a part of the Godball concept that people love to ruminate on, so here's the place to do that.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [GB] Expansions

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:44 pm

The base set has the map tiles and counters and all the other stuff needed to get started, plus 6 or 8 Deity Decks with the main (most interesting) gods of the Olympian pantheon.

First expansions: just sell more decks. The Greeks gots lots of gods.
Then... Other pantheons: Norse, Egyption, Aztec... lots more.

Maybe a new boxed set for Titans. Then Heroes & Demigods. Add some new terrains types (because Tundra may not be in the original set, for example).

Pat suggested that we get popular enough to license the Pathfinder pantheon for a special Pathfinder Godball.

My dream is to ultimately have the Marvel X-Men edition. Because by that point, we can totally Munchkin this thing to the hilt and never have to write an original game again. We can coast forever with new Godball skins every six months.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Aztec is Mezo-American Mayhem.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:19 pm

Oh NOW I see this thread. :oops:
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:08 am

Here we go:

1. Base set
2. Expansion decks: Hecate + Medea, 2 other minor gods
3. Heroes: Three new unaffiliated heroes with new rules, plus hero ability cards for all 12 existing heroes.
4. Olympian expansion packs: a series of six sets. Each one contains one of the remaining Olympians--deck, hero, hero ability cards.
5. Hades Spoiler Deck: not a player, but rather a deck triggered by events on the field, usually resulting in bad shit.
6. The Trojan Pitch: a whole new map designed for team play, with rules for such.
7. Scattered through the above will be cool minor god decks (with hero) that are offered at special events and such.
8. Titans: we can do a whole series of decks for the old titans... 10 or 15 of them.
9. Deluxe Godball Set: a big set that includes the base set + the hero expansion.
10. More miscellaneous god expansions.

See and that's stuff we can do before we ever hit other pantheons or non-godly reskins of the game.

Return to “Godball”