[GB] Print-n-Play

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

[GB] Print-n-Play

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:29 pm

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

That's the link. Anyone following it SHOULD be able to view and print the docs we have so far.

Right now, we have the rules, the cards, the map, and the terrain markers.

I still have to get hero cards, hero figs, barriers, and some miscellaneous extras. I'll post here when they're all completed.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [GB] Print-n-Play

Postby Eliahad » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:32 pm

You, sir, are awesome. Practically DMDarcs level awesome.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Added new doc called Pieces and Parts. It includes everything that we were missing except for hero cards. Hero Cards will be ready tomorrow--hopefully early. And they will have the pictures of the heroes on them so you know which fig is which hero.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:22 pm

They look great!

Everybody! There are some cards that have special tokens for each God. For now(!) use the tokens that are the color of that God to help you keep track!

And have fun!

Excitement!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Yes! Everything is done!

Plan for a couple hours of cutting and putting your set together. If you have kids you trust to cut a straight line, make them do it.

Totally worth it.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Looking forward to a game without E!!!
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Hey now!

(Me too!)
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:37 pm

E cheated me by knowing allllllll the cards!
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:36 pm

Mike showed me pictures. So cool.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:27 pm

I'm going to work on updating the Print-n-Play.

Things to include in this version:

1 Fix the arrows on the moving terrain.
2 Fix Hero Cards:
--Make them bigger
--Put "slider scales" on them. (Right now it will just be the scales... 0-6 for GP and 0-10 for HP, and then you just set a token on the card to mark what level you're at. But we'll know they're supposed to be sliders.)
--Put slots along the bottom for Gift/Curse cards
3 Eliminate GP and HP tokens and replace them with single Hero and God tokens for each player to mark the scales.
4 Update card set with any new changes
5 Update rules for optional GP-less version
6 Reduce number of gray barrier tokens and color code most of them to gods.

I'm missing one more thing, and I can't remember what it is.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:19 pm

7 - Make sure the Playtest Document is edited to incorporate some of the rules and that definitions are consistent across the document (as well as the cards.)

(At some point I want to go through the card file with someone else and just talk through things. It's hard working on that thing by yourself. I try and stay consistent and keep making mistakes.)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:34 am

We're going to do this soon... My big goals were to play Pathfinder with my kids and get a version started in Sandpoint, and to play test the god ball game. I've done number one and now going to roll up into number 2...
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 am

You're a big damn hero, Phoebe.
Wowie
Pastry Artisan

Postby Wowie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:54 am

So I did some fiddling around today and made a (very) crude setup for this in Tabletop Simulator, containing the bare basics necessary to play:

The print and play rules and cards are so out of date at this point though that with them I can only play something vaguely approximating the current version of Godball though. Can I get any help in that area? Also, do any of you guys use Discord?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:31 pm

The January 12th Pointless Card List is the one that you used when you played live with Mike. There haven't been any changes since then. (At least, I don't think Mike has poked at them at all, and I know I haven't.) It would be serviceable at least. I'll talk with Mike about when we might have an opportunity to talk through card-type things.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Also, the picture from TTS looks awesome.

I don't know what Discord is so no, I don't use that.

Return to “Godball”