Live Playtesting

A board game of ancient Greek gods and heroes battling it out on the field of sport!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Live Playtesting

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:15 pm

So this game is under development and an absolutely phenomenal amount of work is going into it. I'm so excited about this game, which is great. I am hoping you are going to bring it to at least temporary close for live playtesting very soon, like GenCon soon. Are you going to GenCon this year? Are you going to playtest Godball there? I want to light a friendly fire to get this going towards a final stage, or a pre-launch, kickstarter, get it published phase, because I think you have something here that is already past the state of readiness. The few times I played it was a blast, and it didn't really matter whether this or that thing didn't go perfectly. The whole hilarious concept - which is kind of kindred to those soccer games where people play in giant plastic balls and get knocked over - just needs to go forward, soon. Eh? If this is a rude question, I sympathize; my whole stress and work life revolves around needing to Complete, Complete, Complete things. I feel it, but also am eager to see it Out There being sold and making joy and $$, you know?

:banana: :banana: :banana:
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Live Playtesting

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:30 pm

We are not attending GenCon this year.

Our plan is, and has been, to bring Godball to the playtest hall for GenCon 2019. Preferably, we'd like to do it with a professionally printed copy of the game.

At the same time, we would like to take meetings with one or more game companies at that same GenCon and try to sell them Godball.

If we don't have any takers, then the next step is Kickstarting it ourselves, which is a much more intensive process.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Live Playtesting

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:40 pm

Also... thank you for your vote of confidence!

I love this game and it makes me happy that others do too.

However, from my perspective, it's not quite ready. It's super-close, but I need to have the heroes done and the end-game more balanced/playable before I'm ready.

At the rate we're playtesting and making changes, 1 year seems right on. I'm giving it it's next public playtest at my local game store on the 6th. We should have something that feels close to finished by New Years or so, and that gives us half a year to make final tweaks and actually order a prototype game (or two).
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Godball”